twelve

Y/n's pov

I had nothing to do today and so did my sister. She took today off from work which meant that I'm stuck with her for the entire day. And Laur is coming over later for our movie date. I'm kinda scared because she's going to meet my sister.

I was laying face down on the couch when I heard the front door open. It's too early for this to be Lauren so I know that it's my sister coming back from the grocery store.

She told me that she wants to make something to eat for Lauren. I was kinda happy about that but what if she wants to poison her!? I might be overthinking this but you never know.

"Y/n can you help me here please?" Brooke said from the kitchen doorway.

"No" I lifted my head a little to look at her. "I'm really comfortable here"

"You can't stay mad at me forever" she said as she walked over to me and sat on my legs.

I pushed her off of me "yes, yes I can" I stood up and started walking to my room. "I'm going to prepare for my date"

I slammed the door to my room and pressed my back against it. I really don't understand Brooke. First she told me that my girlfriend is corrupting me and now she wants to bake a cake for her and just be an ideal older sister!

I took few deep breaths and stood up. I have to be strong for Lauren. I don't want her to know what Brooke said. Lauren is so pure, all she's doing is making me a better person.

I looked through my closet to grab some spare blankets also I took some pillows from my bed. This date will be perfect!

I opened my window and walked out to the little balcony area. My house has this little flat spot on the roof where I have some flowers and beanbags when it's not raining. It's like my spot to get out from the world. The view is amazing and I hope that Lauren will like it too.

I placed one blanket down and out the beanbags and pillows on it. I checked if the old Christmas lights still work and thank God they did. I still have like 2 hours till the time Lauren she'll be here.

Everything looked good but it had to be perfect. I decided to change things around. I ran downstairs to our storage closet and took a white sheet, hammer and couple nails and I ran back upstairs. Brooke yelled after me to get me to tell her what I was doing, but I didn't say anything.

Before I went back on the balcony I locked my door so my sister won't come into my room. I took off the lights to hang up the sheet to make a 'screen' for the movie. Also I hung back up the lights and set the pillows, blankets and beanbags facing the wall.

Couple years ago I made a diy movie projector for a phone so I'll use it for the date. It will be a Pinterest type date and I really hope that she will enjoy it.

When I finished setting up everything I walked downstairs to the living room to wait for Lauren there. Brooke was in the kitchen, she looked busy so I didn't bother talking to her.

Brooke made a lot of noise, probably she dropped a glass or something so I rushed to help her.

"What happened?" I asked as I saw her crouching over broken glass and a lot of water spilled everywhere.

"I hit my hip on the kitchen island and I dropped it" she stood up and showed me a fresh bruise that started forming on her hip.

"Oh, go sit down or something. I'll clean this up" I grabbed the broom and started cleaning all the glass from the floor.

"Thanks, I actually want to bring this water to you. I heard you running around your room and the stairs earlier" Brooke smiled at me and I just nodded.