one

Lauren's pov

I was walking to my car from the grocery store. It's Friday. I like to go shopping in the afternoon, it's not that crowded and I'm usually done with all my work so I can take my time.

I didn't pay much attention to everything that was happening, I was tired from filming today and talking to someone would just make me forget why I'm in a grocery store. I come closer to my car and saw Dani's car parked 3 cars away. I put my bags away and slowly made my way to her car.

Dani was laying on both front seats, it looked like she was looking for something.

"Hi Dan!" I slapped the top of her car, which made her jump up.

"Omg Lauren! Don't scare me like that!" She yelled at me and moved away and sat in the passage seat.

"Ok sorry haha, so what are you doing?" I asked my younger sister and she awkwardly smiled.

"Well remember that notes-to-self list I have?" She asked and I nodded. "So I broke a rule. I was eating ice cream while driving and it fell somewhere"

I laughed and shook my head. She yelled at me last time I did it and now karma got her. Dani raised her eyebrows and look at me with sad eyes.

"So why are you in a parking lot here? Couldn't you do it home?"

"Well you see, I thought about it so I just continued driving but more ice cream fell down and I got scared so I just drove to the closet parking lot and here we are!" she said and looked at me. I know this look. She wants my help.

"What?" I asked and she furrowed her eyebrows at me.

"Help me, duh!"

"Nah, I have to go. See ya!" I laughed and quickly got out of her car. I was walking backwards and waving at Dani until I walked into someone.

"Oh my gosh!" I said as I felt somethingvwet on my back.

"Um well 'oh my gosh' too" I heard someone say. I slowly turned around and saw a girl holding an empty cup. She was looking down at her t-shirt.

"Oh I'm so sorry. I didn't see you!" I said and the girl laughed.

"Yeah, I don't think that you have eyes in the back of your head to see that someone is behind you" she laughed.

"Actually do you have normal eyes? You didn't see me walking" I said and raised one eyebrow.

"No" she chuckled "I don't actually" she took of her sunglasses and looked at me with closed eyes.

"Sorry, I didn't know" I tried to apologise but she just laughed.

"I got you" she opened her eyes. I opened my mouth to say something back but I couldn't think of anything. Or maybe her beautiful y/e/c eyes made me speechless.

"Wa-what?" I asked with a nervous laugh.

"Sorry for that joke. Well you kinda deserved it but yeah"

"I did deserve it? You also didn't pay attention" I said and shook my head. She is so pretty omg.

"LAUREN! Come back here! I think that I lost my keys!" Dani yelled from her car, which made me and the stranger girl turn our heads her way.

Dani pressed her face against the drivers window and she was non-stop knocking on it. I sighed softly and looked back at the girl.

"Um so are you going to help her?" The girl asked.

"No, she'll be fine. She's just being weird like always" I laughed. "Oh and I'm Lauren by the way"

"Y/n" she smiled. "So do you have any wet wipes? I think that I need to clean my shirt a little"

"Oh yeah I think that I have same" I took out my keys and started walking to my car. Y/n was still standing in the same spot. "Are you coming?" I asked and she nodded and ran a little to catch up.

When we got to my car y/n stayed near the trunk looking up her t-shirt again. I shook my head and went over to the passenger side to look for something to clean her clothes with.

After a minute of making a mess in my car I found nothing. I slowly closed the door and came back to y/n. She was smiling at me, probably hoping that I'll have something to help her clean up.

"I have nothing" I said and rested my back against my car. Y/n just sighed and bit her lip.

"Wait, can I give you something else to wear?" I said before she could walk away any further.

"You have a closet in you car?" She asked with a chuckle.

"No but I have a hoodie that I can give you" I said as I opened the trunk and pulled out a tan SGC hoodie.

"Oh that looks nice. Can I keep it?" Y/n was probably joking but I nodded. "Wait really?"

"Yeah, I have one at home and I think that Dani left this one here" I gave the hoodie to y/n and she immediately put it on. And well she looked amazing!

It actually perfectly matched her outfit. Her riped light blue jeans and black classic Vans. I smiled at just the sight of her. I'm lucky that she didn't notice me staring at her.

"Where did you get it? I think that I have to buy myself one" she said with a cute smirk. I took a flannel that was hanging on one of the backseats and I sat inside the back to have a better look at her.

"Cimorellimusic.com/store" I said from the memory. She raised her eyebrows at me confused. "What? I have to remember that"

"Ok" she laughed "so why do you want to give this to me? To have an excuse to see me again?

"I told you that you don't have to give it back. I can take one if I want a new one anyway. And we don't have to see each other ever again"

"Whoa wait. Explain. You can take one? And you don't want to see me more!?" She said and faked being offended.

"This is actually merch that I designed. I'm in a band with my sisters and it's our merch" I said and waited a second for her reaction.

"Oh wow. I never knew that I'll meet a beautiful stranger that's in a band just because she walked into me" y/n said and I quietly chuckled.

"Well the stranger that doesn't look who's walking looks really good in this hoodie so keep it please"

"Oh so I'm a good looking stranger" y/n laughed and winked at me. I blushed at her actions and she smiled after seeing my face turn red.

"And for the second thing, we have to see each other again. I need to buy you a coffee because you spilled this one on me"

Y/n smiled as I gave her my number. This is actually great. I feel like this friendship will be really good for me. Or maybe this can be something more.

hi

Thanks for reading the first chapter of "Choices"! I'm still figuring out this book but I hope that you'll like it!

If you haven't read my previous books please check them out.

Stream Pressure by Lauren Cimorelli 🧡🧡🧡