Chapter 24

Christmas break was quick to come, and even quicker gone. The angel and demon had never celebrated the holiday, and Eve seemed content with just another day with her parents. They did of course get her gifts, simple things of drawing materials and books. Things she needed, and enjoyed. And the two wrre more than gald just to have Eve around, having more energy in the shop.

But now, it was time for her to return to school. Aziraphale went into her room, to wake her up has he had so many times before. He turned on the lights, having stepped on ebouvh toys for his life time. Eve would usually be found deep asleep face down in her pillows. Instead she was sitting up, and clenching her stomach.

"Are you alright?" Aziraphale asked, figure something was wrong just by the pained look on her face. He sat down on the side of her bed and stroked her hair out of her face.

Eve shook her head, ever so slightly, "I don't feel good," she complained.

Aziraphale placed his hand against her forehead, to see if he could feel a possible fever. "Where don't you feel good?" he questioned. She did feel a slight bit warm to his touch.

"Tummy, and head," she answered in a groggy voice. Eve watched him with pleading, glossy eyes.

Aziraphale stood up. "I guess you can stay home today," he assure her, "Now get some rest." He grabbed her blankets and pulled them up to better cover her. Before he even got out of her room he heard her kick off the blanket.

With the school properly informed, Aziraphale settled down with tea and toast, ready to read until Eve needed anything. "Hey, Angel," Crowley called from downstairs. "Is the little monster ready to go?" he wondered, walking into the room as he spun the car keys around his finger.

"Oh, I'm sorry I didn't call. Eve is not going to school today," Aziraphale informed him, "She is not feeling well."

Worry grasped at the demon's heart. Without waiting he rushed to the girls room. He found her curled up in bed, her blanket pulled to her chin, but kicked off of her legs. Just a simple graze across her forehead, and Crowley could feel the fever. He let out a worried sigh, hoping it was something small.

Eve clenched up in her sleep, a fearful sinper echoed into her dark room. A small hand stuck out and grasped at nothing. Crowley held his hand out for her to grab. While it didn't do much, it calmed her a bit. He slipped off his shoes and scooped the girl into his arms. Crowley layed down in his daughter's bed, and sat her on top of him, pulling the blanket to cover them both.

The sleep loving dyo was only awoken around noon, by the angel. "You should eat something Eve," Aziraphale told his daughter, pulling her up into his arms.

"No," she cried, and clung onto her father.

"Come in Eve," Crowley sighed, sitting up from the small bed. "You can't get better if you don't eat." She still let out a little whine and burried her head into Aziraphale's neck.

Aziraphale proceeded to carry her out of the room. "I'll let you watch TV as you eat," he bribed her. Crowley grabbed her quilt and followed the two out. Eve had been settled on the couch, slumped up against the arm rest. Aziraphale was in the kitchen gathering a bowl of chicken noodle soup he had prepaired before waking the two.

Crowley wrapped the girl in her favorite blanket as he sat her into the middle of the couch, to make her sit up as she ate. "What show do you want to watch?" Crowley asked, sitting down next to her.

"Steven Universe," she mumbled quietly. It was heart breaking for the two to see the girl, usually so bubbly and full of energy, groggy and unenthusiastic.

The angel sat a shallow bowl of soup and a glass of water in the coffee table, and sat down at her other side. "Eat up," Aziraphale sighed, rubbing her back, "You're in no rush though." He didn't want her to eat so fast it would upset her stomach even more.

It took her two episodes for her to finish her food, long after it grew cold. "Do you want any more?" the angel question, softly rubbing his hand through the girl's hair, to brush it out of her face.

"No," she groaned, with squinted eyes. She pulled her blanket further around her, and layed down, her head in Crowley's lap. Aziraphale got up with a slight sigh, and picked up the dirty dishes.

Upon return he found Eve fast asleep, with Crowley striking her hair. The sight both warmed his heart, and caused it too ache. Those two were so close, much closer than either were to him. Aziraphale loved them both dearly, and were glad they got along so well. But he felt jealous for just how well they got along.

Aziraphale returned to his spot next to Eve. With a sigh he readjusted the girl's blanket to cover her properly. Both her shoulders and feet were sticking out, which didn't help with her slight shivering in her sleep. With the new found warmth Eve snuggled in closer to Crowley,causing another, less forced sigh to come from the angel.

"What's wrong?" the demon asked. After a few thousand years he learned to read the angel.

Aziraphale as hesitant to confess. "Is it the wrong thing for me to be jealous," he said, sitting down by the girl's feet.

"Of what?" Crowley scoffed.

Aziraphale looked to the ground, too frightened to look him in the eye. "Of how close the two of you are." There was no response from Crowley. "The two people I cherish most, are closer to each other than either are to me." For comfort he rubbed his hand against Eve's leg.

"Angel," the demon sighed, teaching across the couch. Before he could reach Aziraphale's hand, the angel stood up and turned his back to the two.

He couldn't hide how he was feeling, as it even caused him to shake. "I know it's against my nature, but I can't help it," he expines with a whimper in his voice. "But I love you."

Aziraphale patiently waited for an answer. He heard nothing, nor saw anything as he jd his eyes shut. He just was trying to cam down, as he did not want to wake Eve.

He felt something though. A pair of hands rested gently on hi shoulders. Followed by a pair of lips on his own. "I love you too," the demon whispered to his angel.

Aziraphale finally opened his eyes, greeted by a flustered pair of snake ones. "I never thought I'd hear you say that," Crowley confesses. They both just smiled at each other, knowing there was plenty to talk about, but not wanting to do so.

"Are you gonna get married?" a soft voice asked from the couch. They both looked To Eve, still curled up in her blanket.

Crowley strutted over and picked up the child. "Time for bed," he proclaimed.

Eve was still half asleep and gave no fight. "Night Papa, I love you," Eve called out as she was carried off.

"I love you too, Sweetums," Aziraphale responded, blowing a kiss to his daughter.

The End,

But the end never is.

A/N - A happy little ending for the family. But in no way is it the end of the story. I have lost motivation to write this story, for now. I have to books of this idea in mind, if I get modivated. One of one shots of family life of the Ineffables. The other to explain all the secrets Eve has. ;)