Chapter 22

"It's snowing," Aziraphale quietly commented to himself as he viewed the white precipitation through the store window. He was now glad he made sure Eve brought along a proper coat instead of the jacket Crowley gave her.

"Great," Crowley groaned from his lunging spot on the couch. "Really means I need to change my outfit."

Aziraphale turned back and gave him a smile. "I don't want you getting cold dear," Aziraphale told him, picking up one of the throw blankets Eve has miss placed all over the building. "You are a cold blooded creature after all." He draped the fuzzy blanket over the demon, who was just shivering at the mere thought of snow, even in the angelically warmed bookshop.

"I'm used to the cold," Crowley shrugged off the blanket and sat up. He didn't want to be covered in something that smelled even more strongly of Aziraphale than the shop already did. "I just like this jacket," he explained, slowly pulling it off.

The angel watched intently, both curious and intrigued. Crowley just snapped his finger and he was now wereing a dark, thick jacket and his tie had changed into a scarf, loosely hanging around his shoulders. Aziraphale gasped, not due to the demons new look, which went well with the hair he was growing out, but that Crowley just smoned clothing, instead of buying them, like it is intended. "Is that how you always get your clothing?" he asked in an off tone.

Crowley looked at him with frowned eyebrows. "How else would a get them?" he demon scoffed, throwing himself back down in the couch.

"Buying them of course," Aziraphale huffed, throwing his arm down in slight outrage. "It would be rude not to." Crowley just let out a soft noise to brush off the angel. This only annoyed him more. "Get up, we're going to get you new clothes, the proper way."

"Maybe we should wait for Eve, she needs warmer clothes as well," Crowley pointed out. The girls wardrobe consisted of light shirts and skirts. The warmest clothes she had were her uniform pants, tights and leggings, and the bright red jacket.

Aziraphale shrugged it off, "I know her size, we can pick out clothes for her." Before the demon could refute the angel went ahead and ushered out the only customer he had. He never planned on selling any of his books, and the only people that didn't know that, would be customers.

"I was thinking we could go to St James Park before going out to dinner, let Eve play in the snow for a bit," Aziraphale explained from the other room, "She's so energetic, I know she'll love it."

Crowley sighed and go up from the couch to join the angel. "She'll be so messy afterwards," he pointed out, as he twirled the car keys on his finger.

"I'll bring her rain boots," the angel assured the demon with a wide smile.

Crowley sighed, "Of course, Angel." He held open the door for him, as they departed the store. "But you'll be the one taking care of whatever mess she makes."

"Do you think it's time fore to get a new outfit?" Aziraphale questioned as Crowley drove to the nearest shopping center. "It has been a couple hundred years..."

Crowley looked at the angel questioningly, "You love that jacket, devistared when you got paint on it."

"Of course I wouldn't get rid of it," Aziraphale explained, "Just throw in something knew. I don't feel I quite fit in with Hans much anymore."

"You fit in perfectly," Crowley assured him, "The most human angel I've met." Glancing over at the angel he saw a slightly discomforted look on his face. "But it's up to you," the demon sighed, "Do whatever will make you comfortable."

With a bit of debate they ended up a a basic department store, figuring it would be easier than making trips to multiple stores. "I'll go pick out clothing for Eve, would you care to join me?" Aziraphale asked, looking around for the children's section.

"Why not," Crowley shrugged and followed the angel through the well lit store, with the slight echo of popular music in the background. It was strange to both of them. Aziraphale hasn't bought clothes in year, and Crowley's never bought clothes. But they quickly found their way around, figuring out the simple blocky layout of the store.

The demon just looked around as he followed the angel around the young girls section. Aziraphale would fret over how adorable Eve would look in everything, Crowley chose to block that out (as he was having similar thoughts). He gazed out bast the section they were in, to those around it. One section in particular caught their eye. The woman's section.

Aziraphale noticed the demon's glances. It is an art only he's managed to develop through the years, get tossed up a bit with each change of sunglasses. He saw his gaze to the womans section. The angel has seen the demon wear woman's clothing before, and frankly he didn't care. Crowley was Crowley after all.

"You can go pick out what you like," Azirpahle told him with a smile. "I'll finish up here, then you can help me find clothes for myself."

An excitement suppressed Ile appeared on the demons face, as he coolly walked over the tiled floor to the woman's section, to the sleek black jumpsuit that had caught his eye.

The twoay have ended up with more clothing than a Han could possibly need. But they wrre inortal, they could wear the clothing forever if the mortals could finally settle on a style. By some miracle they managed to have the exact mount of money for everything.

Both of them, with the wardrobe change went to buck up Eve from school that day her rain boots tucked into the back of the Bently. She was even more excited at the sight of both her parents waiting to pick her up that day. They both fret over the sight of her. She had bloodstained knees, and bandages in her hands.

"What happened to you?" Aziraphale gasped, kneeling down to his daughter.

"I jumped out of a tree," she said blatantly.