Chapter 4

It wasn't even a day before Eve came to visit. It was just shortly before tea time. She was now in clean clothes of a plad skirt and white shirt, bur she still had her back pack. "Eve!?" Aziraphale gasped in surprise. The angel had no idea about the agreement the demon made with the child.

"You're back already?" Crowley questioned. He wasn't surprised by her arrival, knowing it was coming sooner or later. He was just upset it was sooner.

Eve hobbled further into the book store. "You said I could visit," she said, staring up at Crowley.

"But so often?" the demon complained, "We just left you at the police station hours ago."

"And without a thank you," Eve said sweetly. With balancing on her good leg her crutch crashed to the ground, but she did not mind. She pulled one item out of her bag, making it sag with almost emptiness. This relaxed both beings, as she had not ran away again, to them again.

It was just a simple tin of store boughten biscuits. "I know it's not much," she said softly, "but thank you for taking me in last night." The girl held out the tin for the angel to take.

Aziraphale took the tin in one hand, and picked up the girls crutch in another. "How about we have these with tea?" he asked the girl, "I just put the kettle on the stove, but I can aways set up another cup."

"If it's alright with you?" she asked politely, "I don't want to be more of a nuisance than I am already."

Aziraphale gave the girl a bright smile, feeling her demeener change in just a few hours. "It be our pleasure to have you Eve," the angel assured the girl. "Have a seat, and I'll bring out the tea when it's ready."

Aziraphale went to go up and check on the water which was close to boiling. Crowley, too uncomfortable to be alone with the child followed after. "Really angel?" Crowley hissed, "Why did you ask the kid to stay?"

"Oh dear," the angel sighed, glancing back at the demon, "She's a sweet child going through a hard time. The least we can do is keep her company."

Crowley dramatically sighed and leaned against the door way. "You don't need to care about every human," he complained, "The kid's not your problem."

Aziraphale just silently made the tea. "Her parents died three weeks ago. I hope you remember what happened three weeks ago," he pointed out to the demon.

It took the demon longer than it should have to put it all together. Three weeks ago was the end that didn't happen. "I thought Adam brought everyone back to life?" Crowley questioned.

"That were directly effected, yes," Aziraphale sighed, "Not those that died from reprocutions." Those that died in the strom or traffic cause accidents were not spared like those burned on the M25.

Crowley pouted and grumbled. "It's not our fault, there's nothing we need to make up for," he grumbled. The demon, though trying hard not to, did feel the tiniest it responsible for the girl's recent related deaths.

Aziraphale just rolled his eyes at the demon. "Just keep Eve company while I prepare the tea," the angel commanded. With plenty of grumbles Crowley descended the stairs back into the deserted bookshop.

Eve was just sitting one chair of the three near Aziraphale's desk. She was just staring downward, kicking thee crutch with her good foot, causing it to swing up. While a tedious task the girl was completely entertained.

Crowley sighed and slid down into a chair near the girl. She looked up and made eye contact with him through his sunglasses. "Thank you for letting me stay," she said softly, "I know I can be annoying sometimes."

"Whatever kid," he grumbled in response, "Just don't stay the night again."

Eve softly nodded her head. "I was planning on leaving after tea. I have to get home before Granny has dinner," she explained.

"We can take you home then," Aziraphale walked in holding a tray of tea and biscuits. One mug was his angle wind mug, and other was its twin black mug then the last was a stray gray mug he had laying around for the rare moment of have guests over for tea.

Eve vigorously shook her head. "I can get home on my own."

They both glanced at her plastered leg, which was now covered in intricate doodles. "It can't be easy getting around with that," Crowley pointed out, as he tried to slip vodlka into his tea secretly.

"I take the bus," the girl pointed out simple.

Croet scoffed, "I have a car, it would be much easier that way."

"That's settled," Aziraphale declared with a smile and clap of the hands, "We'll take you home after tea."

Eves good hand gripped tight onto her skirt and the other onto her sling. "I don't want to be a problem, I can get home on my own."

"Nonsence," Aziraphale scoffed, "I'd be worried if didn't know you got home alright."

Eve just shifted her gaze to the ground again, taking a light sip from her tea. "Thanks," she mumbled yet again.

"Don't you have any friends your age?" Crowley asked. He was curios as Adam had The Them. Children had to have had friends. And then she'd so have someone else to bother besides himself and his angel.

She lightly shook her head. "I used to live in Radley," she shook her head, "And spent most of my days with Mum and Dad."

The two glanced t one another. This girl had just about no one, besides her Granby, who she had show that she dose not like. They were probably the people she was the most close to. "What would you do with your parents?" Aziraphale asked out if curiosity, and to keep the sroowfuo thoughts out of his mind.

"Dad would take me to work with him," she explained witha bright smile, "All the book were so cool, and his students were so nice."

"He was a teacher?" Crowley questioned.

Eve shook her head, "Professor," she corrected, "At Oxford." The two held back noise as they choked in their tea. The wound explain his the girl seemed smarter for her age. "Then Mum and I would stay around the house, gardening when we could." The small smile on the girls face lifted the hearts of both a demon and angel. While she was having a hard time at the moment they knew she had good times at one point.