{28} The Dance

(A/N) Hi guys! I'm sorry about this book and the wait. I took a very long break and since my school is under quarantine for the coronavirus, I thought this was the perfect time to get this story up and running again. Thank you for your patience everyone!! :)

Was this my first Christmas dance? No.
Was it my first with Thomas? Yes.
We walked in through the front door of our high school hand in hand, Minho and Harriet behind us.
"Are you ready?" Thomas asked smiling down at me.
I smiled back and nodded.
The rest of the night was absolutely amazing. It was honestly a little awkward in the beginning, but Thomas quickly changed that feeling.
"You look beautiful by the way," he told me as a slow tuned Christmas song played in the background.
I looked up at him.
"You've said that already," I smiled.
Thomas grinned and leaned down to give a quick kiss.
I reached my arms up and wrapped them around his neck and we both swayed very slowly to the music.
It was a really nice night and I wouldn't trade it for anything.
Harriet and Minho were slow dancing a few feet away from us.
I looked over and smiled at them.
A few really sweet moments later, the song ended and I stepped away from Thomas.
As soon as I heard the song, All I Want For Christmas Is You, I immediately grinned wide.
This was my favorite Christmas song, and Thomas knew that.
"Come on," he smiled, and he extended his hand for me to take.
I gladly did and we danced our way over to Minho and Harriet.
Minho had moves.
Harriet looked really embarrassed by his intense movements but we all just laughed it off.
He was definitely the life of the party.
"You good, Resa?" Minho asked as he jumped up and down to the beat of Mariah Carey.
"I'm great!" I exclaimed. "You good, Thomas?" I grinned, looking over at him.
"Never better!" he replied.
The rest of the dance was filled with a ton of laughs and a lot of making fun of Minho's dancing.
"Do you guys want to get out of here and get a late night burger or something?" Minho yelled over the music.
"I'm vegan!" I yelled back.
"There's a thing called veggie burgers, sweetheart!" he replied.
"I'm down if you guys are," Harriet exclaimed.
I didn't want to tell them that I wasn't a huge fan of veggie burgers because I didn't want to ruin their night. It would still be a lot of fun for me, too, so I agreed.
"Party bus leaves in thirty seconds!" Minho cheered, dancing his way through the crowd of people.
Thomas and I laughed and Harriet just shook her head sarcastically.
"Why am I dating this man?" she mumbled, to which I laughed at.
"He's his own person," I smiled at her, throwing an arm around her shoulder.
She turned to look at me as we walked out of the school to the car. "He is definitely not like other guys."
I adored their relationship.
I am not saying that I didn't like the relationship I had with Thomas, but Harriet was right.
Minho isn't like other guys. Their relationship is more low key, while Thomas and I have a way bigger history.
They both deserved each other and it made me incredibly happy to see Harriets eyes light up when he danced is way out of the school to start up the car.

********************************