{19} "Can This Day Get Any Better?!"

Soooo. Midterms are officially over! I really hope I can update BOTH of my stories more often, and I usually don't update two chapters on one book within the span of one week, but I had a cool idea for this chapter! (Also, something is seriously wrong with my auto correct and corrects things really weird so if a word is out of place or weird, try to ignore it lol😂) enjoy!

"Maybe, Teresa. I have to talk with my mom but that's a huge idea. You really think that's gonna happen?"
"Yes! Won't it be so fun?!" I exclaimed over the phone.
"Of course, but think of the responsibilities! We're just kids!" Thomas said back through the phone.
It was 10:30 at night and I was explaining my amazing idea for spring break. Unfortunately, my dad's coworkers were still in my house so I hid in my room.
It was two weeks away and when I was walking home from school, I just happened to come up with the perfect place to go.
"So, no parents?" Thomas asked.
"I mean, if you want your mom to come, she can. My parents both can't because they're on a business trip that week."
"Teresa..."
"Tom, come on!" I exclaimed.
"I have never been to Hawaii. I don't know what to expect." There was a bit of static at the end.
"It would be such an experience! Just please ask!"
"Fine," Thomas said back.
"Thank you!"
"I'll text you later tonight," Thomas said.
"Okay." And we hung up.
I have already asked my mom if we could go to Hawaii for spring break and surprisingly she said yes! I told her I would book a hotel close to the beach and I would use my money I earned at my job to pay for food. My dad said he would pay for plane tickets.
After another 10 minutes, my phone rang.
I picked it up and put it on speaker.
"Hey Tom," I said.
I placed my phone on my bedside table and laid down on my bed.
"I thought you said you would text me."
"Yeah, yeah. I say a lot of things. Anyway, my mom.."
He sighed.
"My mom said yes," he said glumly.
I grabbed my phone and yelled into it.
"What?!"
"Ah, Teresa, calm down. That was really loud," he replied.
"Your mom said yes?"
"Yes!" Thomas exclaimed.
"We're going to Hawaii!!" I yelled.
"Teresa!" Thomas scolded.
"Aren't your parents asleep?"
"Yes. But I don't care! We're freaking going to Hawaii!!"
Thomas laughed through the phone vibrating it a little.
"Ok! I'll see you tomorrow at school and we'll talk!"
"Teresa, it's Saturday tomorrow," Thomas corrected.
"Wow! Can this day get any better?!"
"Probably not," Thomas said.
"Well anyway, I'll be at your house at 10:00 am! I need to help you pack and we can book the hotel and plane tickets!"
He laughed.
"Ok, Teresa. Goodnight."
"Goodnight, Tom."

*************************