{22} "Our Vacation Begins Here"

1k reads! Thank you so so much!

"Call me when you get there. Do not do anything that will get you in trouble. Make sure to text or call every night! And for the love of God, Teresa. Please don't go into Thomas' room after 11:00," my mom told me.
Today was the big day. Tom and I were at the airport, ready to fly to Hawaii. My mom and dad were in a big group hug until my mom spoke up, telling me all of her rules that she knew I would never follow.
"Yes, mom. I got it. I'll be back in a week!"
I was about to walk off with Tom when my mom pulled me into a hug.
"I love you. I'll think about you every night!"
"Ok, mom."
I pulled her away.
"I love you too. But I'm gonna be late!"
I waved as Tom and I walked to the plane.
"It's her first time her baby has been away for so long," I told Thomas.
He laughed.
"It's fine. All moms are like that."

"Ladies and gentlemen, please fasten your seatbelts. We will be taking off in two minutes," said the captain over the intercom.
I was pretty much jumping out of my seat. I've never been on a plane before, so the experience was amazing!
"You seem happy," Thomas commented.
"You bet! Our vacation begins here! We will be there in t-minus eleven hours! That's practically ten minutes. We'll be there in no time!"
"Try and get some sleep, Teresa," Thomas suggested, closing his eyes and leaning his head back on the seat.
"No! I want to see the views!" I exclaimed.
"For eleven hours?"
"Yes! It's going to be so cool!"
Thomas opened his eyes and looked at me.
"Teresa, I know you've never been on a plane before, but it's not as cool as you might think."
"Why not?"
"It's just...sky. And clouds. It might get boring," he said.
I blinked at him.
"Do whatever you want," Thomas said and closed his eyes again.

"Alright, ladies and gentlemen. This is your captain speaking. We will be taking off in twenty seconds."
As the countdown started, I got more and more nervous. I was excited all day, and now all I wanted to do was jump out the small window.
Ten seconds.
Thomas was asleep, and so I took his hand and squeezed it. He was asleep, he'll never know.
Five seconds.
How can a three ton object be flying through the sky?!
Three seconds.
Is this an example of levitation?!
"And we're clear for take off!" Said the captain.
People clapped as the plane started to move forward.
The plane gained speed and the sounds from the engine got louder. The experience was super stressful and not at all what I expected.
Thomas was still asleep, thank god, because I was pretty much crushing his hand.
"Anddddd we are up off the ground," announced the captain announced.
I looked out the window and watched the airport get smaller and smaller. The view actually was amazing!
I took out my phone and snapped a picture of it. Then I turned the camera face around and took a selfie with a sleeping Thomas.
Then I posted it to my Instagram.
"Tom!" I whispered and shook his arm.
"Tom!"
Thomas opened his eyes and looked at me.
"What? Are we crashing?" He asked.
"What, no. Look I've-"
"Then why did you wake me up?" Thomas interrupted.
"Come on," I said and punched his arm. "Don't be that person. Look what I posted on Instagram."
Thomas opened his phone and looked at the picture.
"Well, to be completely honest, I look adorable in this," he said.
"Oh really? You think so?" I replied.
Thomas nodded.
"Mhm. Okay. I'll see how adorable you look when I write loser across your head next time you fall asleep."
"You didn't even bring a mar-"
I held up a black sharpie from my backpack.
"Note to self," Thomas said.
"Never mess with Teresa."

**************************