{17} Talks

This isn't going to be good. Let's just pretend this chapter never happened. Thank you, and I won't waste your time😊

It's not like that. Of course it isn't. Thomas and I have been friends since the day we were born. Could we possibly get into a relationship? No. It's like a rule we have. (Just wondering. Has anyone seen the Kissing Booth? This reminded me of it for some reason lmao)
So, when I say 'Tom and I kissed,' it doesn't mean anything. Don't take it seriously.
I sat on my window seat, which was decorated for Christmas with a grey blanket, red and green pillows, and white lights strung around it. I held a hot chocolate in one hand, and my Christmas book in the other. I read for about thirty minutes straight until my phone buzzed. I set my book aside and picked up my phone. It was the group chat. Thomas, Newt and Minho.
It read:
Newt: Hey, Resa. Do you want to come with me and Minho to the soup and salad place downtown? We were going to go for lunch by ourselves, but we needed to bring our favorite princess.
Me: Haha aw Newt, that's sweet but I think I want to stay home for now. It's pretty cold outside and it's snowing. My mom doesn't like to drive in the snow.
Minho: CoMe WiTh Us NoW!
Tom: Hey! Why aren't I invited?
Newt: Didn't you have this big English paper to write?
Tom: Ugh, fine. You caught me.
Me: 😂
Minho: We'll go some other time, Thomas.
Tom: Fine. Bye everyone!
Newt: Bye, Tommy!
Minho: Anywho, Resa, can you please come? It won't be lunch without you!
Me: Alright fine. I'll go. But you're paying!
Minho: 🙄 Women, am I right Newt?
Minho: Newt?
Minho: NeWt?!
Minho: NOOT!
Minho: Ah, frick. He probably already left. See you in ten, Resa.
Me: 😂 alright, Minho

I tossed the blanket off, put on my Uggs boots, threw on a grey jacket and put my hair in a messy low bun.
"Mom, I need a ride to the soup place," I said as I walked down the stairs.
"When?" She responded, unpacking the groceries.
"Right now! It's time to go!"
"Oh. Oh ok, let's go. The snow is going to get worse tonight, so be text me around 2:00," she said as she grabbed her purse.

As I walked into the soup place, the first thing I noticed was Minho waving his hands over his head like an idiot across the room, sitting with Newt at a table.
I walked over and sat across from Minho, next to Newt.
"Hey, Resa," Newt said in his accent.
"What's up?"
"Not much," Minho said. "How are you?"
"Good," I laughed.
I looked outside at the snow. It was piling up like crazy.
"I hope the snow doesn't get to high or else there's going to be no school tomorrow," Newt said.
Then he smirked.
"Said no one ever."
And we all laughed.
I ended up ordering a tomato soup and a grilled cheese with vegan cheese. I didn't mind vegan cheese because it tasted so natural to me.
Minho got a bowl of macaroni and cheese and Newt got a Caesar salad and Ramen noodles.
"So Minho," I said.
He looked up at me.
"How's the thing with...you and Harriet?"
Minho dropped his fork.
"Are we really going to do this again?" He asked.
"This is a good topic. Thanks for bringing it up, Resa," Newt said.
And so we talked for another hour about Minho's plan to ask Harriet out to the Christmas dance.
"It's the magic of Christmas!" I exclaimed.
"Yeah, yeah. Well I don't think she likes me, so it's not happening," Minho replied.
I finished my soup and the waitress came and took it away.
"Just saying, you guys would make a cute couple," Newt said.
"Agreed," I replied.

************************