Heartbroken

KIA    POV

The divorce is going through the courts today it's taken eight weeks and Miles got everything my business my house and visitation rights to see his child... I'm glad he fought me it made him realise he was having a child... I didn't want to do it...

I'm renting a little flat, but my funds are running low and It's so hard to get a job when you are pregnant... I was going to buy the cafe, but I couldn't when Miles took over the business, I have nothing left he had taken everything I worked for and now I'm struggling to eat... I got no way of looking after my baby and I'm so alone...

I have no phone because I can't afford one... I'm sitting in my flat on a cushion... I couldn't even afford a bed let alone a sofa...

I'm laid looking at the ceiling when I hear a knock at the door... That's got to be the landlord for the rent, and I don't have enough... I stood up and walked to the door and it was my lawyer...

"Mr Doyle... This is a surprise, but I told you I couldn't pay for you anymore"... I say...

"I just came from the court and You should have been there". He says...

"I couldn't go". I say.

"The divorce is final, and Miles is now the owner of your business and he owns your house and he gets to see the child once a month on a Sunday". He says and smiles...

"Thank you Mr Doyle I will see you around". I say and he leaves... I knew Miles was going to win because he had money to flash around...

I had a doctor's appointment at five with Donny... He knew what was going on and couldn't believe what was happening...

I got ready for my appointment and walk to my doctors...

I'm sitting in the waiting room and I could hear a couple of mothers talking about me... I didn't take any notice...

I was called into Donny's office and he checked me over and he didn't look incredibly happy he looked upset...

"Donny is everything alright with the baby". I asked...

"Yes, the baby is doing fine... I had your blood work back and it's not good". He says and I sink in my seat...

"Just tell me". I say feeling scared...

"Kia, we detected cancer cells in your blood work". I was gasping for breath and couldn't believe what was happening...

"Is the baby alright". I asked...

"The baby is fine and growing... We need to give you a scan to find out where the cancer is". I was numb I could not get a break... My tears were falling, and I was at rock bottom again... It always happens to me... I was lost and no one wanted me... I'm so damaged and now I put my unborn baby in danger...

"Donny... I can't go through this again". I'm gasping for breath and sobbing my guts out and all I want to do is give my baby a chance...

"Kia is there anyone I call so you are not on your own". He asks and I shake my head... I was so alone more alone than last time...

"When do you want to do this scan?". I asked...

"I could send you down now". He says and his smile was sorrowful...

"Okay...". I say...

I leave and walk down to where they do the full body scan... I sit waiting... Thinking about all the good things that happened to me and then all the bad... I'm so screwed this time it is over for me......

*******************************

MILES      POV