Missing

MILES   POV

The sun is coming up, and I'd not slept at all. I'm so worried Kia, is lost out in the woods somewhere. Run my fingers through my hair and finished my coffee grabbed my bag about to leave when the guys stopped me.

"Miles, we are coming too," Tyrone said, and they all pick up their backpacks and fill them with water and food.

"I need to find her," I say, and open the door to leave.

We took the same route from the day before but walked in a line with a fair bit of space between us. I kept calling her name and still nothing.

We got to the lake where we went swimming the day before and make our way back on a different path. I'm still calling her. My body felt so much fear I wanted to find her.

"Miles, we will find her even if we keep retracing our steps," Ross says and gives me a reassuring smile.

"I hope so, mate. Why the fuck did the fucking girls show up," I'm beating myself up about it. I love Kia and shaking with fear. What happens if we don't find her? We need to call the mountain rescue team. We need more people looking for her.

It's after lunch, and we are still no closer to finding her. Angry with myself, I screamed her name. Tyrone, Jax, and Ross had to console me I just lost it. Not knowing where she is and if she is all right.

"Miles. Miles stops. This is not helping," Tyrone says, and I take a swing at him and then the guys jump me and pin me to the floor to calm me down. I honestly do not know what is happening to me. I cannot keep raging like this: I am going to hurt the people I love. And that is the last thing I ever want to do.

"Fuck sake Miles. Calm the fuck down," Jax screams at me. They all sit on me and they are heavy. These guys are all six-six and in good shape.

"Guys I'm so sorry. I just want to find her," I cried and shout, scream, it echoes through the trees.

*******

KIA POV

I can hear an echo, but I can't make out if it's a voice or animal sound being carried through the trees. My leg is bleeding, and my arm is badly bruised, and to top it off I am bleeding like shit. Yep, I am in a fucking right mess. I used my bra to stop my leg from bleeding and I got very little water left.

Glanced up from where I am laid, and the hole is not noticeably big, but I am quite a way down. I must have fallen twenty-plus feet. I am stuck in a hole and no way can I get out without help.

I have so much that I want to share with Miles. If I ever get outta here.

It is so funny how when you are growing up you have your life all mapped out and it never goes to plan. My life has never gone to plan. I have noticed that if something good is happening to me or I feel happy it just comes tumbling down because something bad happens. I could never get a break.

When Miles and I married the first time I was happy, and then I got Leukaemia. I started Uni, and a donor was found but the doctors said the other patient was critical. A month later another donor was found, but there was a little four-year-old boy who was below me on the list. I stood back and let him have my donor.

I met the little boy and his parents, and they had so much gratitude for me. They were my first clients when I started KW Architecture. They wanted a treehouse design so I would sit with their son Thomas and asked what he wanted, and I drew. I had fun making his dream treehouse come to reality.

Stare at my dirty hands and cry. Every time I am happy something bad always comes along. I scream as loud as I could but because I am so far in the ground, my scream does not echo.