A Fresh New Start

MILES POV

I received a summons from my father to come to his office, and it seemed like there was something significant going on. The moment I step into his office, he promptly sits up in his chair and sets his pen aside.

"I'm here. What's so urgent?" I asked him. Various thoughts were swirling around in my head. Was he unwell or did something happen to my mother? Nothing could happen to my mother she is too evil.

"Miles, please take a seat," My father points to a seat and I sit and place my hands on his desk.

"Please tell me what you want?" I was getting impatient, and I sounded like a spoilt child.

"Miles, son. It's been three years since Kia. I would like you to marry again," My father says. I bolt up out from my chair and glance at him.

"Dad, I'm not going through that again. I just cannot. I'm sorry," I say and pace the room.

"Miles, you are twenty-five and I know at the moment you are single. I've got the perfect, beautiful woman for you and you will love her," He says and smiles.

"I won't do it. You marry this girl," I yell. I was furious with him to think he's done this again to me.

"Miles, if you don't you will be breaking a binding contract," My father says with a stern voice.

"Dad. Come on please," I beg.

"Look, Miles, this girl knows how to take care of herself and she's got a very high-priced job. She is wealthy, so she does not need your money and she is beautiful; she does sometimes give me a tough time, but she puts a smile on my face every time I encounter her. You will love her, I promise," My father was so pushy and loving I shook my head. I could not say no to him he has always been a good judge of character.

"I won't live with her," I say and leave his office.

My father as once again mapped my life out and now once again I am getting married for the second time.

***

KIA POV

I stayed connected with Ed my ex-father-in-law. We met up a few nights ago and had dinner and he springs it on me about a marriage. I stared at him and he smiled. Then he tells me that the divorce never happened. Could you imagine my shock and horror? And he just laughs.

So, I am getting married to my husband again, and he's got no idea that we are not divorced. But he assumes I am gone. I then thought to myself and started to brew up all the things I could do to get him back for the first wedding and yep, I'm sending the wedding planner to him and see how he likes it. Ha, Ha, Ha. This is my biggest prank yet.

I am at my office and going over a few designs of a building I was asked to draw up. It's taken me six months to put together two designs, but I know they will like them. I always sign my work as K.W, Kia Winston. I did it that way so Miles would not know.

"Kia, Mr Jennings is here to study the designs," My secretary says.

"I'll be right there," I say and pick up the designs and the models.

I walked into the board room and placed the models down on the enormous oval table and hand Mr Jennings the designs.

"Kia, these are breathtakingly amazing. I truly can't decide," He says, peering over the designs.

"Thank you, Mr Jennings, I expected you would like them. It's taken me six months to get every little detail," I say and smile.

"Kia, I'm going to have both. One will be built right in this city and the other will be built in Tokyo," He says, and we shake hands.