Chapter 34~

Chapter 34

Enjoy!!!

********************************************

Fumbling with my hands, I sit down between Taylor and Caden. My parents sat behind us along with Theo and a few guards. Caden isn't taking any chances with my life.

"You nervous?" Taylor grips my hand with a knowing smile. Today was the day we found out not only Nik's sentence, but Caden's past whore.

"What do you think?" During Nik's trial, I had stood up in front of all present and told my story. At least what I wanted them to hear. If it pertained to Nik, it was told. If it wasn't, they had no business knowing. If they believed I had threatened him with leaving and never returning, was up in the air. The council gave nothing away.

It warmed my heart when not only my parents, Taylor, Theo stood up and told of Nik's loyalty to his future Queen, but when Caden's mother began to speak. I had been completely shocked.

I had asked Caden in private if he knew she had planned it. To my delight, he confirmed he did.

As the wronged, he had to speak against Nik. Inform the council members how Nik had lied for years. Helping in hiding me, the future Queen not only from the present Prince, but from the people as well. Once we've completed the mating, I'll have a connection to the people. A motherly or even sisterly figure. If a female feared for her life, she knew without a doubt she could speak to me and seek protection.

 What confused me the most was when Caden spoke of how Nik confessed to him on wanting me to become his second mate. Nik forgot to mention that gigantic detail to me during our picnic. It now makes sense why the two guards had approached us while hanging out.

Hearing of a male attempting to steal their Princess away from their Prince didn't sit right with the wolves inside the banquet room. Snarls had echoed the hollow room until order had been called for.

It frightened me a tad bit. If Nik is found not-guilty will wolves continue to hold his actions against him?

I do believe for me, Caden had lessened the crimes. I do not know if it's to get on my good side or if he actually cares how I feel about Nik. I've feared him believing me and Nik were an item. With Nik's foolish words, I couldn't blame Caden for being apprehensive of mine and Nik's relationship.

 "If the council members have a tiny bit of common sense they will rule in your favor Claudia. They know Nik is your older brother. To sentence him to life in jail or worse, death would destroy you. If he were to die, the bond between you two would push you to the brink of murder."

Murder? Me? I couldn't murder a sole. "Where are you getting this information from Taylor?" How would he know I would snap?

Of course seeing and physically feeling the bond break between me and Nik would mess me up in the head.

When he didn't respond I glance up at him. His eyes were looking past me and without turning around, I knew who he was getting permission from.

"Are you forcing my brother to keep secrets from me?" I whisper without looking at him. We were surrounded by wolves. Starting a fight wasn't a good idea.

"The day after Caden learned you were his mate and the bond you and Nik shared he called on researchers to find a way to break the bond," Taylor said. Sorrow filled his eyes as he gripped my hands.

I felt Caden's hand on my thigh tightening as minutes tick by in silence. I knew he hated the bond I share with Nik, but to have it removed? How could he. I felt betrayed.

"Leave it in the past Claudia. Do not allow this to ruin what you two have built these past few weeks."Taylor whispers in my mind.

"How can I Taylor? He wanted to destroy a part of me. Who knows what could have happened to Nik or myself if the bond had been removed." Ignoring Caden's attempts to gain my attention, I focus solely on Taylor. Our conversation now completely through our mind links. No one needed to hear our bickering. "Has he found a way to destroy it? If no, are the researchers even now looking into the matter?"