Part 1: Chapter 10: The meeting between friends

The rain beats down heavily from the graying sky. Its heavy droplets thumping onto the roof, making a simple beat as it did.

Tug, tug-tug, tug-tug, tug-tug

Again and again, that ever changing beat plays in my room. I’m laying down onto my bed, staring blankly at the white ceiling above me, listening to the tapping of the droplets.

Tug, tug-tug-tug-tug, tug,

The beat changes again. Going faster, then slower, then-

“Argh” I sat up to the edge of my bed to think. I had been practicing for about an hour or so, and now I’m bored with nothing better to do.

I glance at my bass-which is just lying there on the floor, with the amp still plugged in- thinking if I should practice it again just for the sake of.

Nah…

I stood up, and decided to do the assignment Misaka left for us to do.

“Playing cover songs that the crowd knows might give you guys a good reputation. But, if you guys really want to be remembered by the school, you must make and play your own song. Though, it won’t please the crowd that much, it will sure be something memorable.”

So, I sat on my desk, pulled some blank music sheets and a pencil, and decided to work on my part.

The four of us were divided into two groups; the rhythm and the melody group.

The rhythm group- me and Ayumi- where assigned to compose the musical part of the song, since we’re both guitarist, while the melody group –Yukari and Mikka- where to make the lyrics, and the beat.

I try to think of a bass beat, or some melody. Since we started only to do this yesterday, we still haven’t got anything made up yet.

No beat, no rifts, no lyrics, and if we don’t think of anything soon, no song.

As a bassist, I rely mostly to the guitar and the drums for support. I wait for my cue when to start, and support the guitar whenever I had to. But, unlike playing the guitar, I am highly dependent on what the other’s do, and can’t really do anything on my own.

I’m starting to already regret picking the bass guitar in the first place.

The reason I started with it in the first place was simple; I didn’t’t wanted to be a guitarist anymore.

I had many regrets on starting out as a guitarist, and just as many mistakes as one too. I did stuff I would never forget, and mistakes that would haunt me for the rest of my days. But, at most times, I can just forget about it all. Forget it like they never did happen. But all that changes once I hold a guitar in my hands. The feeling the cold metal strings on my fingertips, the weight on my shoulders, my hand hanging over the strings, just itching to play a killer solo, it just…

….Just….

No, I shouldn’t’t be thinking about this right now. All I should think about is writing, and that is what I’m going to do. It’s not the time to remember.

At least not yet, just not now.

Shaking off the thoughts, I grab hold of the pencil, and start writing some simple chords.

I write whatever thing comes into my mind. At first, it doesn’t’t come to me. If it does, it’s very little. But as I go on, it just comes naturally. Music, the sounds, it all just comes to me, and my hand tries to keep up with what’s on my head. I could barely hear the rain anymore. I didn’t even feel like I was in my own room anymore, like I was alone, only the music and me.