Part 1: Chapter 9: The 2nd generation

"I wanted to kiss her? why would i do that?" i asked myself, trying to resist what  my body wants me to do.

Sure, i have never kissed a girl before, in my life, which is equivalent to eternity. But, in no way in rock star hell will i ever kiss my childhood friend, Mikka Yamagishi.

But, although i said that, my body didn't listen, and i was closing i onto her lips. I tried to fight back, but the urge just kept tempting me to.

She wouldn't know, right?

But, then again, why would I? Why should I? Why am i even thinking of doing so?

a tempting voice spoke into my head. Like an evil snake telling me to eat the forbidden fruit, it kept on saying that.

I got even more nervous.

My hand started to sweat, and my shoulders grew stiffer still.

And, before i knew it, i was an inch away from doing it, when-

"No! I can't do it!" i suddenly stood up from my chair, and walked away from her.

I can't do it. No matter how much i wanted to, i just can't waste her like this.

"Ren-chan, how could you? that was my first kiss! I hate you, don't ever talk to me again!"

I imagine her speaking to me, then walking off out of the infirmity, as the worst case scenario played out in my head.

My conscience was making it so hard to bear. My head says no, but my heart made me feel really bad. Like it's saying 'your going to regret that..."

"YARGH!!"

In a burst of anger, i kicked the table

And just when i thought things couldn't get any worse, it did.

The horrifying sound of glass shattering pulled me back to my senses.

I felt really bad, guilty, and still regretful at the same time.

"Ohnoohnoohnoohno"

I panicked, waving my arms frantically as i scanned the floor by my feet.
Now i know what Yukari feels like when she breaks some glasses.

where is it?

what broke?

What did i do?

Questions start flooding my head, making my worry get worse.
But, i try my best to stay calm, and continue looking around.
I looked around the table, and there i found the source. There, lying on the cold, marble floor, was the remains of the nurse's portrait.
At the sight, i pulled a face. I'm so getting in trouble for this.

But, I just can't leave it here like this. So, gingerly, i kneel down, and started by picking up a relatively large piece of broken glass, pinching it between my index and thumb, but at arms length, then slowly and carefully, like a crane in the box game, i dropped the shard into the trash bin.

one down. Twenty three-something more.

Realizing this, i heaved a sigh, My work is far from done. I guess this is karma for thinking such vulgar thoughts towards Mi-chan.
So, even if i didn't wanted to, i continued to pick up the shards, glancing over to Mikka to see how she was doing once in a while.
But, what looked like a tedious task turned out have its own rewards. They say that 'nothing is an accident', but i didn't start to believe that, until i saw what was on the floor.

"What's this?"

There, peeking out of the nurse's portrait (Which seemed like it was taken a year ago, since she looked a bit younger than she did now) was another photograph, carefully hidden behind the first portrait.

Curiously, i pulled out the hidden picture. My eyes popped wide in surprise.

"a band picture!?" i exclaimed

The picture was a group picture; a group of four, standing on a stage like the one the chaos angels stood on. Maybe they were the same.
The there were three guys, and one girl; each wearing their own distinguished set of heavy make-up, spike balers, chokers, and instruments-Rock instruments. They look exactly like how i imagine a real rock band should look like (but not what i want the girls to do. I can't imagine what would happen to people like Ayumi if that did happen).

"hey, isn't that the nurse?"

I pointed at the third figure to the right; the only girl in the picture.
She looked a lot younger, and much more...wild. Back then, she had long pink hair, and looked so punk. I could never imagine that the kind-hearted nurse looked so much like a rock star back then. Its like Tatsumi transform into Ayumi: very unlikely and highly impossible.

But, what shook me the most, was what was written on the lower right side of the photo. Written in a faded blue ink in swirly handwriting were the words:

Oacis high's light music club
Jammin' to the beat of their hearts!

Wait, did i read that right? Another light music club?
That's a surprise.
I never knew there was another before us. I even thought we were the first, since i never knew why our club was a light music club. How do you even play light music? Also, they don't seem to be wearing anything 'light' on them.
But, it does look real. For starters; their band uniforms looked similar to the oacis uniform we wear everyday, just a bit more punkisty.

"So sorry, there was some sort of meeting, then-what do you have there?"
The nurse suddenly froze in place when she stepped into the room, fixing her attention on to picture in my hand.

"um, its a-um-i can explain!" i guiltily said, caught red handed that i am.
"nah, its alright." surprisingly, the nurse replied with a light smile. She didn't seem to mind about the broken glass on be floor, or that her frame got broken. She went over to me, carefully avoiding the mess on the floor, then looked at the picture.
She heaved a sigh.

"That sure brings memories..." she said, with a hint of nostalgia in her voice
I handed the picture over to her.
She took it from my hand without breaking her gaze.
"I kinda miss these guys, and the good all days back when i was a student here."
"what year were you in?" i asked
"i was fourth year when that picture was taken, during our concert in Nagoya."
"you went to Nagoya!?"
"yeah, sure, it was our summer vacation anyway. And, since Hiroshi's-" she pointed over to the boy to her right, wearing a tight fitting leather vest, and had a spiky blue mohawk, "family were going on a vacation to Nagoya. We decided to accompany him there, as a band."
I nodded softly to show i was listening. She started to walk slowly to her desk to sit. I followed, trying to avoid stepping in the glass. Although, i failed a few times, and heard the sound of cracking glass. But, ignored it, clinging on to the idea of her not getting mad at me later on. I came over to her side. The smell of her hair reminded me of ayumi. Maybe they use the same shampoo and conditioner, probably lavender.

"was it fun in Nagoya?" i asked
"sure it was. We had loads of fun while we were there. We played concerts, went to parties, and other rock stuff."
She paused for a moment to recollect her thoughts. It seemed like going on a tour seemed like fun. Wonder if our band could do the same. Yeah right.

"Then it was even then when Hiroshi asked me out," the nurse said, her voice growing more and more affectionate in tone.

"But, sure, he wasn't the best kisser, but the fact that he was always so thoughtful and funny made me fall head over heels for him."

She unexpectedly faced me. I flinched back in surprise. She flashed a smirk at me, one that Mikka usually does whenever i do talk to a girl she doesn't know.

"And that is why, you should make sure you are a good kisser to your girlfriend-"
"girlfriend!? I-i don't..have one..."
"oh, you don't," she looked genuinely surprised, "i see..."
"b-but it's not like I'm gay or anything. Its just that...well,"
"you can't get a girl?"
"uh, yeah, i guess"
She let out a light chuckle, making me a bit uneasy.
"Well, don't you worry about that Akuto-san," she patted me by the shoulder, "you'll get it right one day. Either that, or you'll get lucky, like i did"
"lucky? How?"
"well," she paused for a moment and pondered, "i never did try to find it. I just enjoyed my time with them guys, then it just happened to me. Next thing i knew, i was already in love with him, and him the same"

"so, what happened to you guys?"

"well..." she heaved out a sigh, "i guess we just, grew farther till we gave up. He went abroad while i stayed here, and, it just endes like that" she snapped her fingers in the air, makint a loud clack sound.

I didn't feel like asking anymore. Its looks like she's about to break if we go on. I haven't really experience that, but that must have hurt. Alot.

"So," she suddenly reverted to her mood from before that topic, "i heard you guys re-formed the light music club."

"Yeah, we did. Well, Mikka did, but i helped out."

She nodded in approval

"For five years, Oacis high didn't have such a club since we left. And, what a coincidence that i just employed this year, and heard that there was-again- a light music club. I-was like-so surprised, and happy at the same time-that someone had the spirit to re-live the club that first inspired the musicfest when we suddenly rocked out unexpectedly. So, i'm giving you this,"
She handed over to me the picture in her hand.
At first, i was hesitant, but i took it anyway,

"Thanks, i guess...?"

"i want you to frame that up, and place it in the light music club room. Both as an inspiration and a expectation, that you guys would go up on that stage this summer.

I felt like a weighed just been put onto my shoulders. The burden was placed upon me, and the girls as well when i tell them.

"Hey, don't feel pressured," she patted my shoulder, noticing how tensed i was, "i know its a lot to handle, but think of it this way: we tried our best, and so should you. We didn't really mind winning back then. We only thought of giving them a great performance, then left, expecting nothing more. So, that's just what i want you guys to do."

She suddenly paused, pulled out her phone, looked at the display for a moment, then stood up from her seat and headed out the door, leaving the picture still in my hand.

I followed her, and was she raised her palm to me, gesturing me to stop.

"please, you don't have to thank me or say anything. I just hope for the best. I wish you four luck during the Musicfest, 2nd light music club"

And with that, she walked out, into the halls, leaving me with a great idea.

"2nd generation light music club... The 2nd light music club...or 2lmcb for short. I like it, i like it A lot"
///////////:

And that was the day we made a name for ourselves. Our own name, and soon, our own glory and fame.
But, i doubt this was the end of our journeys as a band.
Seems like it's just beginning.