Part 1: Chapter 3: The first band practice

So, the next day, afterschool, the four of us decided to have our very first band practice.

Believe me, I really have no idea what to expect. Well, what can you expect when your band mates act like a princess, a devil, and an annoying brat?

I have plenty on doubts whether or not we actually play some music, or actually make some decent sounds at least. I feel really sorry for the people nearby. Just imagine how much torture they are about to hear on this day. Their only hope now is that the music room’s soundproof.

But, are they really the only ones going to be in pain, especially because today…

“Hey, Bakuto!. Why not you stop staring off into space over there and actually help me and Ayi-chan carry our instruments over here. Aren’t you supposed to be the man?”

(Bakuto = a mixture of the Japanese insult “Baka” and ren’s last name “akuto”)

…..Mikka seems to be in a very bad mood

And, speaking of the devil that was just Mikka kicking the door open while loud mouthing me the moment she enters the room. Sakurai-san followed her behind, holding a pair of drumsticks with a nice looking design

She sure looks quite cranky today. Probably it’s that time of the month again; the dreaded nightmare to girls and boys alike- the “bloody hell”. (dun dun duunnnnn)

“yeah, yeah, I’m coming.” I felt a bit lazy, but I know very well I might end up getting a black eye on this day if I don’t.

I pushed myself off the wall, and headed over to her and took the big bass drum from her hands. It overwhelmed me a bit since I underestimated its weight, but I tried to hide it.

“hm hm hm” (light giggle)

But Sakurai quickly saw right through me, making me a bit flustered.

“Well, what are you waiting for?”

I felt a sudden, sharp, stinging pain strike my back. A moment later, I realized Mikka had slapped me from behind.

“rghh”

I resisted the pain, as I gently place the bass drum down.

It made a light thud, as it hit the floor.

“There you go”

I got back to my knees, before setting eyes on Mikka.

As usual, she was wearing Oacis’s winter uniform; White long sleeved blouse with pink hemming, and matching skirt. Along with that, she wore two guitar cases, one on her back, and another on her shoulder.

Ayumi, on the other hand, looks just as beautiful as always. The afternoon sun’s light shone on her fair face. With her long blonde hair flows gently on her back, she looks just as perfect as the day we met.

I sometimes wished I had a girlfriend like her, but I know very well she’s out of my league-way out.

“Hey, stop staring at her like that, Bakuto. I don’t know what kind of fantasies are you making up in your head?” Mikka said, obviously very ticked off.

“I wasn’t doing anything” I replied, protesting on my innocence.

But, I kind of regretted saying that.

“Yeah right, I bet some perverted stuff was stirring in your mind about stripping Ayi-chan and-“

Because I know Mikka would keep on talking about saying her point and making her right.

“A-akuto-san…” Sakurai looked at me disappointedly and a bit disgusted

“Wait, it isn’t like that”