Part 1: Chapter 2: Operation-Vocalist hunt

So, starting the next day, we began "operation : vocalist hunt"

Yeah, i know. A cheesy, corny name for an operation. But, since no one complained, we decided to go with it.

Our plan? We decided to hand out some Ads to the people we knew and hope that someone would actually come to audition.

We handed out a couple ads to each of us, and went on to find candidates.

Each of us had our own ways for finding; from handing out ads, to posting on walls, even throwing the ads around and hoping someone would pick them up. I'm not really sure who did the last one, but i think i know pretty well who it was.

And so, after 3 days of doing that, the day of auditions had come. And guess who was the lucky one to actually end up taking care of recruitment.

Its none other than the unlucky one...me...

And while I'm stuck here in the music room with the four candidates willing to audition, the girls are in the mall buying some instruments from the money we pooled. Well, except Ayumi, that is. We felt it right not to let her in, since we might end up holding a million yen if we do so. Luckily, she was OK with that.

"Alright!" i shouted to the door, where the candidates were "First one, please come in"

There seemed to be a short moment of hesitation, before the wooden door

slowly opened.

"Um, hello? Is this the right room?"

A high pitched voice asked, as she leaned over the edge of the door.

The first thing i noticed about her was her white bonnet with cat ears, and her kitten paw mittens. i know its winter and all, but is that really appropriate for school?

"Ummm...hello? Is anybody there?"

The voice asked again in a anxious manner.

I realized i had been lost in thought and forgot to actually call her attention

"Ah! Yeah, come in."

On my signal, her anxiously quickly faded away, as she happily hopped towards me.

I glanced her from head to toe, and realize she was wearing some strange clothing.

Along with the cat ear bonnet and the paw mittens, she even had a strap on tail and kitty paw slippers. Yeah, she was still in her uniform, so i guess she just brought that for the audition. Or did she wear that the whole day?

Also, she was a midget. Her height was that of a grade schooler, even shorter than shiino-san.

I could only think of one person who could have gotten someone like this

"...Shiino..." i grumbled under my breath

"What was that? Nyan?" she asked curiously as she tilted her head, and she did an imitation of a cat purring

"huh? Nothing, lets start and hear you sing" i said

"ok! Nyan!"

She took a deep breath.

As she did, i held my breath, and braced myself for whatever is coming

And she started to sing. She sang some kind of theme song of an anime she watches. But, its not the song that was bad, it was her voice. Her high pitched voice grew even higher when she sang. Her singing voice felt like it was going ultrasonic. I felt my eardrums were going to pop. I wished i could have brought earplugs.

She suddenly stopped singing after the chorus part. When i realized it was finally over, i let out the breath held in my chest.

"So, how was it, nyan?"