Part 1: Chapter 7: The girl named Misaka

I'm tired, sore, hot, and lost.

I am on the edge of my patience, and I just harassed by a stranger...a girl stranger.

Yes, to me, this was not a good day. It was a really, really bad day- so far. And the only thing keeping me from stopping is the fact that I still have 15 minutes before the said meeting time. 15 minutes is plenty of time for me to find my way back...or to get lost….again.

No, I shouldn't lose hope. My band needs me.

So I retraced my steps, going back the way I came. I went back through every street; turn, curve, and bridge I could recall. And in the end, my efforts were rewarded, for some stroke of luck came to me: I have actually made it to the studio.

A wild grin grew on my face, feeling relieved and triumphant that I manage to make it in one piece somehow.

I went in, past the entrance up to the counter

"Good afternoon, sir" the man at the counter greeted me, as I came up to him.

I greeted back, and told him our reservation time.

"Why? Aren't u early?"

"Huh? What do you mean? Isn’t it only five more minutes till our reservation time?"

"Five minutes!?" the man said, dumbfounded,” Boy, your watch have a problem or sometin’?”

I turned to my watch. 2:55 pm. Then I compared it to the wall clock hanged across the room, standing above a hanged vintage guitar: 3:25

Huh?! How is that possible?

I switched glancesbetween the wall clock and my watch.

How could they have different ti-

Then it hit me.

“Oh yeah, I forgot!”

I slapped my forehead at my own mistake. I forgot that I had set it back 30 minutes yesterday, because I wanted finish the movie I was watching, but I could be only up until 11:30 pm. So, I had set my watch-along with every other clock at home- back by 30 minutes. And I forgot to reset them this morning.

Now I that I see it, I’m surely going to regret this when I get back home

"Ah, I see what you did" the man said with a crooked smile, "you turned it back so you could sleep late, didn't ya’?”

I nodded slowly

He let out a light chuckle, making me slightly more embarrassed

"Why, I used to do that too when I was your age. I guess your generation isn’t as different from ours, huh?"

"I-I guess..." I smiled bitterly.

I didn't like how he was getting all friendly with me like this. Maybe it’s because he has to do this to every customer he has

"Well, your 30 minutes early. You better take a seat and wait a bit."

I looked over my shoulder, hoping there’s a spare seat. I don’t want to talk with him any longer; especially because his breath had the stench of a tuna and onion sandwich.

My eyes spotted one;two tall, silver chairs and a small, round table in-between. I glanced back at the guy to check if he wouldn’t talk anymore, and decided to walk away- slowly and stealthily- to the table.

"And also-” he added, “your with those three girls that came here the other day, right?"

Three other girls? Does he mean those three other girls, the one that usually hangs out with me nowadays?