Chapter 5: after that

Even though the sun has rise, the spring air still felt a bit chilly, as it gently blew on my face.

Turns out, I didn't die on that night. And now, I'm on my way to the train station to attend the concert.

You must be thinking if I had hit my head so hard I lost my mind, right?

Well, that wasn't exactly what happened. And if it was, then this story would have been over by now, wouldn't it?

Anyways, so that you can understand how I made up my mind, we need to turn back time a bit to after the whole incident.

Sometime later, I started to regain my senses again. My eyes slowly opened, and this time, I founded that I was somewhere dark. But, it felt more realistic than before, probably because this time I'm awake.

I rubbed my eyes, trying to help them adjust. If I am already awake, then I just want to get home right away.

My eyes finally adjusted to the darkness, and saw somewhat familiar scenery. I was in the back. But, didn't I faint at the front? Probably someone carried me here.

I could feel my body had grown a bit stiff. But, I felt a bit more relieved to find out I still had one. I pulled myself up, and stretched a bit.

It was already 10:25 in the evening, which probably meant that I was out cold for quite some time.

But, why was I alone? Didn't anyone care enough to actually wait to see if I would wake up? Does everyone hate me that much to leave me alone, unconscious, in the middle of the night?

I expected Shiino-san or Mion at least, but no one aside from me was here. I tried to call out for someone, but my voice just echoed through the eerie darkness. I tried again, but still no answer.

I guess they really did leave me. But, I should first worry about finding the light switch.

I picked my sore body up, and tried to grope my way through the darkness for the light switch. I couldn't see anything, but my mind seemed to picture the way. I guess I just have to trust my instincts on this. I felt my way through the wall, trying to find the switch.

Ah! Here it is.

I quickly flicked open the switch. The lights flickered like they always do, and soon lighted up the area. I'm quite relieved that they don't cut of the power at night. I heard some buildings do that to save some money on the electric bill, but its a good thing this place don't do that.

Phew... But, the memory of the incident suddenly replayed in my mind, making my relief disappear.

Did that really happen, or was it part of the dream? I could have believed that it was, but the bump on my forehead says otherwise.

I started to wonder how bad was I hurt. Me, hitting the wall, and surviving, is kind of a miracle. I expected to be at least that I was severely injured, or paralyzed, or in a coma. Maybe this is all happening in my head, and I'm really in a coma in a hospital somewhere like that movie I saw the other day.

I really hope not, and that I will still get up tomorrow morning.

I suddenly realized how easy it was for me to die. I just cheated death, so I don't think I'll be lucky next time.

They say that some injuries take time, and might lead to a complication later on. I really hope that doesn't happen.

I don't want to think anymore, so I quickly shook off the idea, and decided to go to the bathroom to check on myself. I went inside, and checked my face.

Huh?

My face was, for some reason, full of makeup. My eyes were covered with some eye shadow and eye liner, and my lips were full of pink lipstick. I also had some blush on, and my face was quite pale due to powder.