Devastation

"What?" Loki said in a shaky whisper.

"Mother was killed in an attack on Asgard." Thor looked sadly at his little brother.

Loki looked at the ground, his breaths uneven. All of the Avengers looked shocked at what Thor just said. Steve came over to Loki and put his hand on his shoulder. "Hey, bud... do you need to sit down for a minute?" Steve asked softly.

Loki nodded and Steve and Thor sat beside him on the couch. Loki buried his head in Thor's chest and started silently crying. Steve and Thor sat there and tried to comfort him. Steve knew how much Loki loved her. He talked about her all the time. He had even written a song for her that the group could play for her if he ever got to go back to Asgard.

Thor had even had a couple of tears going down his face at this point, though he tried to be strong for his brother.

After a while, Loki started to get calmer. A few minutes after that he stopped crying. Loki sat up and wiped the tears off his cheeks. His eyes were a little red from crying for so long. Loki looked at Thor and asked in a raspy voice, "Who killed her?"

"A kursed. One of Malekith's servants. She wouldn't tell him where the Aether was so he killed her." He paused for a moment before adding," They were both found after the attack and killed"

Loki sighed in relief a little. "When do we leave for the funeral?" he asked.

Thor looked at him sadly and said, "It is tonight, but unfortunately Father has forbidden you to come." Loki gasped a little. "I tried to make him reconsider, but he said you were banished and hence cannot come to Asgard. I am so sorry brother."

Loki sadly nodded before standing up and saying," I think I need to be alone for a little while. I hope you can understand."

Tony went over and hugged him. He pulled away saying," Of course we do. Feel better."

Loki said, "Thank you." Before walking off in the direction of his room.

After Loki left, Clint kicked the couch angrily and said, "Your father is HORRIBLE! Frigga is Loki's MOM, and banished or not, he should be allowed to go to his own mother's FUNERAL!

Thor stayed silent. He knew it was true, but there wasn't anything he could do about it. Unless...

"I believe I have a way for Loki to go to Frigga's funeral!" Thor proclaimed.

"How?" Nat asked.

"He is allowed to use magic now thanks to Fury, so he can change his appearance to be able to go!"

"But what about that Heimdall guy? Won't he be able to tell it is Loki?" Bruce asked.

"Yes, but he is a friend to me and is not as strict as my father. He will allow us to pass."

Tony stared at him for a second before saying, "That might just work."

Everyone agreed to the plan and Bruce went to go get Loki.

-------------------------------------------------------

Loki was laying on his bed when he heard a knock on the door. It opened to reveal Bruce. He came over and sat beside Loki on the bed. "How are you feeling?" he asked.

"As well as one can be, I guess..." Loki shrugged.

"I've got some good news! Thor said he thought of a way for you to go to your mother's funeral!" Bruce said happily.

Loki sat up, "Really!?"

"Yup! Do you want me to get the rest of the team so they can explain the plan?"

"Sure!"

A few minutes later everyone was explaining the plan to Loki. Loki agreed with the plan. Even though it was dangerous, it was worth it if he got to see his mother one last time. He and Thor started to get ready to leave for Asgard. When they finished they said goodbye to their friends.

"We should be back in a few hours," Thor reassured them.

The brothers stepped onto the balcony and the Bifrost came over them and whisked them away to Asgard.