I'm the Monster

Tony fell unconscious after they had finished treating his wound. Everyone was staring at Loki, who was now standing in the corner with his arms crossed. His face had sadness and concern etched on it. Bruce was the first to speak. "He'll be alright. Just a burn and some shock."

Loki nodded slowly, as if in a daze. He then proceeded to walk out of the room. No one followed him. They knew he needed time to himself.

-------------------------------------------------------

Tony woke up a few hours later. He was fine, just worried about Loki because he wasn't in the medical bay when he woke, with the rest of the avengers still in the room. He asked, "Hey JARVIS? Where's Loki currently at?"

"The music room, sir" The British voice came from the ceiling.

"Thanks, JARVIS!"

He made his way down to the music room, to find it was locked.

"Open the door JARVIS."

"Sir, Loki has requested that the door remain shut until he tells me to open it."

Tony sighed but remembered there was a recording studio attached to the music room that he could access. He went in, and through the one-way window into the band room, he saw Loki. He was sitting on the couch, with his hands on his head and tear-stained cheeks. Tony hated seeing him like this, but he decided not to disturb him and went back to the Med Bay to get his bandages changed.

-------------------------------------------------------

Tony had told the group what he saw when he came back, and Nat immediately went down to the band room to talk to Loki. She noticed that when she pulled on the door handle, it was unlocked. She went in and sat next to Loki. "This isn't your fault if that is what you are thinking."

Loki would have given anything to be able to teleport out right then and there, but the bracelets blocked his powers. "I'm a monster."

"No, you are not."

"Yes, I am."

"I'm the only monster here." Loki looked at her quizzically before she continued."While you and Bruce have different forms, you are not monsters. I was trained to kill mercilessly from a young age to get what I want. I already told you the rest on the helicarrier a few months ago. You still think you're the monster in the group?"

Loki stared at her silently before asking, "How's Stark doing?"

"Great, Bruce thinks the wound will heal in a few days."

"That's good."

She could still see the tears in his eyes, so she put her arm around him and pulled him closer. He started to silently cry on her shoulder. He hated being seen like this, but her hug had made him feel safe. They sat like this for a little less than an hour, and as Loki stopped crying and began to calm down she said to him softly. "Why don't we wash up and head to dinner, alright?"

Loki nodded and he went to his room to change. A few minutes later, he came out to see Nat waiting outside of his door, waiting to go upstairs to dinner. They took the elevator, which was finally fixed, and went into the kitchen to see the rest of the group, who were already eating. The dinner was mostly silent, except for the clanging of the ceramic and silverware. They all made their way to the living room like they usually did after dinner. They watched a movie, which made them all feel better and concluded their night with shots from Tony's bar. "To our group of friends, no matter what they do, we will always find it in our hearts forgive them."

Loki smiled at this and everyone took their shots.