The Icy Problem

Loki's angelic voice started to sing to the music that had begun to play.

When the days are cold
And the cards all fold
And the saints we see
Are all made of gold

When your dreams all fail
And the ones we hail
Are the worst of all
And the blood runs stale

At this point, everyone in the club was looking at the Loki, who was now looking at Thor.

I wanna hide the truth
I wanna shelter you
But with the beast inside
There's nowhere we can hide

Thor sat there, looking at his brother with sad eyes as he sang those lines.

No matter what we breed
We still are made of greed
This is my kingdom come

When you feel my heat
Look into my eyes
It's where my demons hide
Don't get too close
It's dark inside
It's where my demons hide

The music faded out and there was a brief silence before everyone started cheering and clapping. He had a standing ovation. Loki stood there, shocked, to hear such a good reception of something he did. He got off the stage and went over to the avengers. When he got to the table, they immediately hugged him.
-------------------------------------------------------
Loki got up and looked at his bedside clock. 6:27 AM. He tried to go back to sleep, to no avail. He finally got up and went upstairs to the kitchen to make himself some breakfast, to realize he wasn't the only one up. Tony sat at the counter, sleep-deprived.

Loki asked, "Why are you up so early Stark?"

"Couldn't sleep."

Loki poured himself some cereal and sat next to Tony. They sat there in silence while Loki ate his breakfast. When he was done, he got up and went to the sink to wash his bowl when Tony broke the silence."When you were singing the song last night, what did you mean by 'But with the beast inside, there's nowhere we can hide'?"

Loki said, a little too quickly," They're just lyrics."

Tony turned to look at the god before stating, "You were looking at Thor while you sang it and I could see by the way your brother looked, it had a deeper meaning only you two know about."

Loki looked shocked at how observant the man sitting in front of him was. He quietly said, "For one, He is NOT my brother. How many times do I have to tell you this? And two, yes there is a different meaning behind it."

"What is it?"

Loki stood there for a minute, closed his eyes and sighed."I am a frost giant."

" What are Frost Giants?"

"It is a race of creatures that live on Jotunheim.  From a very young age, all Asgardians are taught to fear them."Loki said with tears forming in his eyes.

Tony was shocked, to say the least. Thor had told them that Loki was adopted, but they always assumed that he meant from another Asgardian. 'No wonder he was so screwed up when he came here' Tony thought. Though one thing didn't add up. "Why do you look Asgardian then?"

"Odin placed a spell on me that changed my appearance to one of an Asgardian. I can still change back if I want to though." Loki said.

"Could you?"

"Could I, what?

"Could you change into your Jotun form for me?"

Loki contemplated for a while. 'He was the one to give me the freedom I have now,' he thought.
He decided to show Stark his Jotun form.

Blue started to creep up his fingers and onto his arms, and settled his face. He looked up and Tony was amazed. He had ruby eyes and his skin was blue with raised symmetrical markings all over. He was beautiful.

Tony said quietly," You are not a monster."

Loki gave a small smile before returning to his original form. Tony tried to say something more, but Loki was already walking out of the room.