Nightmares

Fury had just left the tower and Bruce was finishing putting the last bandage on Loki's face. Bruce told him that the cuts would heal in a couple of days and he had no long-lasting injuries. Loki nodded before getting up to go over to the kitchen to finish his pizza. Tony came over and told him that he was sorry for how Fury treated him.

"It's not your fault. Now, let's continue the conversation we were having before Fury came." Loki said to the group.

It was a good day after that. Loki decided to retire to his room a little earlier than usual because of a headache he had sustained earlier. He lied down on the green comforter and immediately dozed off.

"Think you can talk back to your master? You'll regret that." The Other said as a chitauri soldier slammed Loki's body down on the hard rock, hands bound behind him. Loki groaned in agony as they dragged him towards a dark room and chained him to the floor. They gagged him and left immediately. Hot steam started to fill the room. For a normal person, it would be unpleasant, but for a Frost-giant, it was unbearable. The steam enveloped him as he started to try and gasp for air, but the gag prevented him from doing so. His body slowly slipped into unconsciousness and he could feel the chitauri drag him out again to torture him more just as he blacked out.

Loki's eyes burst open as he sat up sharply and began panting heavily. He could feel hands brushing his shaking arm, trying to calm him down. He looked over to see Clint at his bedside. "It's ok, Loki. It was just a nightmare. Please calm down." His breathing started to return to normal as he leaned back against the propped-up pillow against the wall, not wanting to lay down again.

Loki finally calmed down enough to ask Clint, "What were you doing in my room before I woke up?"

"I was up already because I couldn't sleep. I was in the living room when JARVIS told me it seemed like you were in distress. So I came down here to see what was going on, and I found you tossing and turning with your eyes squeezed shut. I tried to wake you up, but you wouldn't. So, I just stayed here until you woke up." Clint explained.

Loki nodded in understanding. "Thank you for staying with me."

"Your welcome. Now, you don't have to tell me right now, or ever for that matter, but if you ever want to discuss your nightmares, I'll listen. I get them too."

"Thank you, Clint." The god said with a small smile. Not a smirk or a conniving look. A genuine smile. Clint smiled back and got up to go out of the room. Loki said as he walked out, "Goodnight Clint."

"Goodnight Loki."

-------------------------------------------------------

The next day the whole group, minus Loki who was sleeping in, decided to plan a day to binge-watch the "Harry Potter" series because Loki had finished all of the books. They decided to let Thor take Loki out of the tower for a day so they could decorate and plan the party tomorrow while they were out. They all agreed to the plan just as Loki came into the room to grab breakfast.