Chapter 32

Violet's death left a hole in the Witch's society of America, they were leaderless and needed someone to fill that position. Though they usually would have selected an elder witch they felt that Venus was the perfect person to lead the WSA.  Venus had been depressed since Violet died but it gave her some solace knowing she was helping carry out her legacy. The WSA had already begun planning a ceremony for Venus where she would be officially named the leader and receive the special witch hat.

The night before the ceremony Venus was considerably nervous, she had always suffered from stage fright. Luna saw her sister pacing through the kitchen. Luna reassured: "Venus, don't worry. I'll be right there so you can look at me if you get nervous. They've sent you a sheet saying exactly what you have to do. It'll all be fine!". Venus was hesitant to trust what Luna was saying but she did feel a bit more calm. Now that the witch hunters were all gone Luna could finally sleep and she happily skipped to her bedroom. Morticia was already asleep on her bed and Luna knew better than to move a cat with laser powers so she tried to slip into her bed without disturbing her. Venus slept well that night because she was exhausted from all the planning she had to do for her ceremony.

David knocked on the Grbac's door promptly at 9 AM, the WSA had allowed each person attending the ceremony to bring extra guests. Luna had obviously chosen her boyfriend and Venus decided to invite the Zamolodchikovas. Venus would've liked to invite her friends, Asali and Liam, but they didn't know she was a witch. Luna came running down the stairs in her pyjamas, she thought: "Geez, I forgot how punctual David is! I had expected him to be a bit late so I could finish getting ready.". David laughed at the sight of Luna in her fuzzy slippers and Jack Skellington pyjamas, he joked: "Good morning, sleeping beauty!". Luna replied, "I thought I had a few more minutes! Want some breakfast?". David responded, "Oh, I brought bagels. My mom gave me a ton of them. I guess she feels bad for being responsible for you almost dying or wants me to think she does so I'll stop my silent treatment.". Luna said: "Well, I still don't forgive your parents but these bagels are a lot better than my burnt pancakes.". The Zamolodchikovas arrived shortly after him and enjoyed the bagels while they waited for Venus to be ready.

David joined Luna on her broomstick but Venus didn't have enough room on hers for the whole Zamolodchikova family so only Victoria hopped on behind her while Alexei and Vladilslav took the train. When they arrived at the WSA headquarters Stephanie immediately approached her nieces. She exclaimed, "Ahh, there's my darlings! You two look so beautiful! I've missed you so two so much! It's a pity Nova couldn't be here. Luna, I heard you finally successfully completed the Protector of the Covenant! You're a certified witch now!". The sisters gave their aunt a huge hug and Luna asked her: "Yes I am! Got my witch hat and everything! The final challenge didn't end up being too hard. How was Paris? You better have taken pictures!". Stephanie replied, "It was much needed after what happened at the wedding. Paris is so beautiful too.". Tate chimed in: "We did all the sights too. Eiffel Tower, Louvre Museum, Palace of Versailles, everything! It was exhausting trying to fit it all in but it's just an amazing place.". They quieted down when they saw members of the WSA start walking onto the stage and realized that the ceremony was beginning.

The first portion of the ceremony was dedicated to mourning and remembering Violet, everyone's tone was somber and sad. All the witches were crying in their seats. The most heartbreaking part was the slideshow, seeing pictures of Violet at various events, having fun, reminded them of how much they were going to miss her. Venus thought, "How the hell am I going to go up there after this? I'm an emotional wreck right now and so is most of the audience.". Luna felt sad but not as much as others because she had always taken a disliking towards Violet. 

The moment had come for Venus to be officially sworn in as the head of the WSA. She didn't have many dresses but she had managed to find one hidden in her closet. She walked up the stairs onto the stage where the other high up members of the WSA were. Agatha, one of the elder witches, had tears in her eyes and she whispered to Venus: "To think, just a few years ago you were a little girl and now you're the leader.". Venus replied, "But that's why I'm scared, I'm so young.". Agatha argued, "Young in years, yes. But in maturity, no. There's no witch I've seen so fixated on spellcasting and the safety of your fellow witches.". Venus was crying but not tears of sadness but of love.

Luna was brought on stage to do a speech in her sister's honour. She said: "Me and Venus have fought, we've had our fair share of disagreements. But when I look back at it, everytime we argued it was because she was thinking of what was best for me. We've been through it all together. Our parents death, nearly dying from being burnt at the stake, nearly being killed by witch hunters. But during every one of these stressful events Venus has always been a planner, she finds a way out of it. She might come across cold, I'll admit I've called her the Tinman on various occasions but she's deep down as soft as a marshmallow. No witch will be a better leader than Venus and I'm happy to see her become the head of the WSA.". Everyone erupted into applause and Venus gave her a huge hug.

With Agatha being the eldest witch on stage and closest person to Violet, she was given the task of putting the special witch hat on Venus and officially decreeing her the head of the WSA. Venus was overwhelmed with happiness, a part of her deep down had always wanted to be a powerful leader of all of the witches. She thought: "I'm going to be a good leader, more Winston Churchill and less of a Joseph Stalin.". Venus declared, "My fellow witches, I know we have just dealt with a tremendous hardship but believe me when I say the dog days are over! Us witches are going to be back on top! It is a privilege to be your leader and one I will not take for granted.". The ceremony ended and the Grbacs all headed back to Sweetnum Valley.

The Zamoldochikova's held a celebratory party for Venus at their house. They made some of their traditional Russian food and got her a slab cake. David exclaimed, "Thank god you got a slab cake! I freaking love them! So much icing!". Vladislav laughed and replied: "It's not just any cake, it's a Slav slab cake! I got it from my favourite bakery, you have to drive an hour out of town to get it.". In that moment all felt right for the Grbac sisters. They were surrounded by the people they loved, for the first time ever there wasn't any danger in sight and everything was turning out right for them.