Chapter 3

Venus had been hurt by Victoria's telekinetic combat despite using a protection spell. She couldn't move her legs and her right arm was bleeding. Victoria cried "I'm so sorry, I-I-I d-d-didn't mean t-t-to!" as she hugged Venus. Venus sighed, "This is why people don't want you using your powers! As Stan Lee said 'With great power, comes great responsibility.' Your telekinesis could be used to do so many wonderful things but you don't know how to use it properly!". There was a knock at the door and when Victoria answered it she saw Luna. Luna inquired, "Where's Alexei and Vladislav? I would've thought you'd call them to say what happened and tell them to come over right now.". Venus responded, "I did call them but it went right to ringtone. That's why I called you, so you could take care of Luna and I'll use a teleportation spell to go home. I know it's right next door but I can't walk. Then I'll use a healing spell once I'm home.". Luna understood the plan and agreed to stay with Victoria until her dads came back home.

The Zamolodchikova's were confused originally as to why their house was such a mess. Luna had decided to wait until after Victoria had been tucked into bed to retell the events that had transpired between her and Venus. After she told them Alexi complained, "What are we going to do, Luna? It seems we can't control our own daughter!". Vladislav chimed in, "Isn't there some school like in that book... ah...Harry Potter, that can teach her?". Luna let out a laugh and said "Sadly, not. Don't worry, she just needs practice. As a matter of fact, Venus seems to miss teaching me the Protector of the Covenant so maybe she can train Victoria.". Vladislav replied: "That does sound like a good plan. But I hope it works, we've even begun receiving complaints from the school.". Luna went home after that and enjoyed a fairly nice sleep.

Sunday went by quickly and before the sisters knew it Monday morning was here. While Luna liked to carefully eye her sea of black clothes to pick what she was going to wear Venus was far less bothered. She simply used magic to snap her fingers and be completely ready for the day. Morticia was particularly cranky that morning and zapped Venus's clothes right off her causing her to have to redo the spell. Though Luna's first week back at school had been rough, to say the least, she was hoping things would begin to smoothen out. Venus told her sister before she left for school, "I know you're not necessarily in the easiest of situations but remember, us Grbac women are strong! You will get through this!" and she gave her a hug.

Venus was unhappy to start her day off with her least favourite class. Though she loved biology she found Professor Radner very annoying. From her shrill voice to her hyena laugh to her awful jokes to the way she was rude to everyone. The only plus side was she got to see Asali, it was actually one of the few classes the two friends shared. Asali asked Venus before Professor Radner began talking "How was your weekend?". Venus lied, "Oh nothing much, just chilled with Luna. You know, the usual.". Professor Radner could hear them talking and said sarcastically "We're waiting for you, I forgot that this is your class so we should all go by your timetable. It's not like I had anything important planned.". Venus and Asali let out a heavy sigh and opened up their notebooks.

There was a new girl at John Weston Public school named Samantha. Ashley, one of the school's most popular girls who was also on student council, was chosen to give her a tour. When they passed by Luna in the halls Ashley advised, "Don't go near her at all. She is that witch you probably heard about on the news. Whatever you do, avoid her. Trust me, you'll be better off." and Samantha nodded her head. She looked at Luna and said, "She does look rather odd too.". Luna laughed at their idiocy and walked towards her history class. She was irritated that the class ended up being all notetaking because she hated writing by hand for a long time. But no class upset her as much as her next one, math.

Luna thought as she entered the dreaded math classroom, "Annoying people I can handle but trigonometry I most definitely cannot.". Her math teacher, Mr Davis, was a middle-aged, boring man who's sleepy voice made the class all the more tiresome. He approached her at the end of class to say, "Luna, you're the witch girl, right?". Luna rolled her eyes and said, "Yes, what do you want?". Mr Davis replied, "Need I remind you I am your teacher? Please, fix your tone, young lady. Anyways, I want you to cast a revenge spell on someone.". Luna instantly retorted, "I am sorry for my attitude and I simply cannot cast such a spell. Any spell to do with passion like love or hate never ends up well!". Mr Davis argued, "But love is just the problem! My wife is cheating on me with a younger and more "exciting man"! I caught her in the act! I'm full of so much rage! If you help me do a curse or something like that on the two of them I swear I'll give you great marks in math.". Luna pondered, she really just wanted to pass math this year and be done with it but she knew how tricky this kind of magic could be. Eventually, she decided she'd accept his deal and the two of them agreed upon a time for her to do the spell.

When Venus got home Luna decided to carefully tell her of her situation with Mr Davis. Venus immediately said "No way! I don't care if it means you have to work extra hard in math or even redo the course, there is no way I'm letting you do such a dangerous spell!". Luna whined, "Oh come on! It'll be fine! I swear! Think of the bigger picture here, I need to pass math in order to graduate next year and this will guarantee that!". Venus sighed and replied "No, that's my final answer. I know Nova liked to blur the lines between guardian and sister but remember you're under my care. You really can't afford to be doing any more risks after what happened.". Luna nodded her head in agreement and the two of them sat down to eat their leftover Chinese take-out food. But that was not it for Luna, she couldn't stop thinking of the luxury of not having to worry about math. It kept her up all night, she thought "Venus isn't always right, I know what I'm capable of. How great would it be to have Mr Davis indebted to me for once? I'm doing it! It'll just have to be a secret.". She began looking through the Protector of the Covenant to see what spell she would cast on Mr Davis's wife and the man she was having an affair with. Luna had math last period on Wednesday so the two of them would go to his house after school that day.