Chapter 29

The day had finally come, Luna and Venus's Aunt Stephanie's wedding had arrived. The sisters had made the broomstick ride to Philadelphia and Luna was filled with excitement. It was a sunny and warm June day. The temperature was perfect, it wasn't boiling hot but not too cold either. Though Venus didn't like putting on makeup and wearing fancy dresses she had made the sacrifice for this one day. Luna, on the other hand, was fully basking in the opportunity to dress a beautiful black dress and get her hair done nice. Luna said to her sister, "Isn't this so exciting? It's been years since I've been to a wedding!". Venus replied, "I'm just happy to see Aunt Stephanie happy and settling down with someone who, though I may not like, is, by all means, a good guy.". The two of them landed their broomsticks and headed towards the Wiccan church.

Everyone from the WSA was at Aunt Stephanie's wedding. Luna and Venus decided to sit beside Violet. Violet greeted, "Oh, hello girls. You must be excited to see your aunt on her big day. Have you seen her wedding dress or is it a surprise?". Luna explained: "Yes, I have. And trust me, she looks beautiful.". Violet had a look of sheer happiness on her face. With all the witches that had died and the problems the WSA had faced she was happy to just talk about dresses and watch two people say they how much they love each other. Luna hadn't talked to Pandora since Sybil died and approached her. She said to her: "Hey, how have you been? I mean, aside from the whole Sybil thing.". Pandora laughed, "Luna, you've always been a socially awkward one, haven't you? I'm good, especially because exams are done. I'm planning on going on a road trip with a bunch of other witches this summer, actually. Let me know if you want to join us and your cute boyfriend can come too with his friends, especially if they are as handsome as him.". Luna replied: "I'll definitely think about it. I finished my exams too, I didn't do as well as I would've liked but Venus was happy so I'm happy.". The two of them quieted down as they noticed the wedding ceremony procession beginning.

Stephanie didn't know of any younger children so Tate's nieces and nephews served as the ring bearer and flower girl. Her bridesmaids and maid of honour were dressed in matching lavender satin dresses. Due to the fact, her parents weren't alive and she didn't have anyone she felt was deserving of such an honour, Stephanie walked alone down the aisle. Luna thought, "Oh, Aunt Stephanie looks absolutely immaculate. I wish mum and dad were here to see this. Her face is literally beaming.". Venus thought, "Sure, weddings are a big waste of money. Sure, romance is overrated but I don't think I've ever seen my aunt look so happy. And Tate, he's so infatuated with her.". When Stephanie reached the end of the aisle and looked at Tate everyone simultaneously said "awww".

Stephanie's vows were so heartfelt that even Venus started crying. She talked of all the pain she had gone through from her parents' death to her sister's, joked about her bachelor years and how her love with Tate had saved her. Tate, on the other hand, was not a man for deep and thoughtful words. He talked about how they first met and little things he loved about her like her hands. Though his vows were shorter and less lengthy they were still just as sweet and Luna whispered to Venus repeatedly "Isn't this romantic?". Then Venus would roll her eyes but secretly think everything about weddings was somewhat sweet.

The time had finally come when the groom and bride could kiss, Luna had tears in her eyes as she watched one of the people she loves most finally get her happy ending. Violet whispered to her, "I know it might be hard to go through this day without your parents but trust me, I believe they are here in spirit.". Luna replied, "Oh, I'm not crying because I'm sad, I'm crying because I'm happy." and she squeezed Violet's hand.

The wedding ceremony ended and everyone began to leave but the Grbac sisters had to stay behind for the family pictures. As the photographer started preparing her stuff, Stephanie approached her nieces. Stephanie asked: "Well, what did you gals think?". Luna replied, "Oh it was wonderful, Aunt Stephanie. The vows brought tears to my eyes and you looked absolutely beautiful.". Stephanie responded: "I'm glad you liked the vows, Tate was so worried about his. He was googling what to do and asking so many people but eventually, he just decided to write from the heart. I think it turned out well.". Venus replied snarkily, "Yeah, you can tell he didn't take google's advice, that's for sure.". Luna elbowed her and Venus instantly shut up.
The photographer was a friend of Stephanie's and she was very precise.  Luna grew annoyed with the photographer, she wanted to pose her own way and not have to smile for every picture. Luna whined, "How many more of these?". Tate's mother retorted, "It'd go by quicker if you just did what she said!". The Grbacs hadn't met Tate's family up until now and they weren't getting along as swimmingly as the newly wedded couple had hoped. Tate's mother had concerns with them getting married in a Wiccan church. However, dealing with the witches strong personalities was proving harder than they thought. Stephanie and Tate had requested to have as many pictures of them as possible so they could have lots of options for the album. Venus thought, "The sappiness of a wedding is one thing, but these pictures are just too much!".

After the long photoshoot was finally over with Stephanie exclaimed, "Okay, thank you all. We are done here so you can all leave and then we'll see you tonight for the wedding reception. Be at the banquet hall promptly at 7 pm.". Luna gave her aunt a hug and exclaimed, "I can't wait! I'm going to get my dancing shoes on and we're going to have an amazing time!". Stephanie replied, "Oh, believe me, we're going to dance till dawn! I've got a playlist ready and flats on hand so when my feet are bleeding I can easily switch.". Venus chimed in, "Or you can just wear flats the whole time like I am!". Luna and Stephanie exchanged a frustrated look then the three of them all had a group hug.

Luna and Venus were quick enough on their broomsticks that they returned home in time for a quick lunch. Luna was given the annoying task of feeding Morticia while Venus went out to grab something to eat. They only spent a few hours in Sweetnum Valley before they were back on their broomsticks, heading towards the banquet hall.