Chapter 28

Venus had decided to join Luna in taking karate classes now. It had been a while since the sisters did an activity together and Luna was fully basking in the moment. She told Venus as they walked to the centre, "I'm happy you're coming so I won't have to always use the instructor as my partner.". Venus wasn't paying all that much attention to her sister, she was too busy thinking of other witches she could call about the witch hunters. Luna noticed her sister's lack of focus on what she was saying and elbowed her shoulder.

She exclaimed: "Venus, are you even listening to me?". Venus replied, "I'm thinking about which other witches I can call who can help us defeat the witch hunters.". Luna sighed, "Then why did you bother coming if you're not going to pay attention?". Venus explained, "So I can learn self-defense against the witch hunters.". Luna replied, "Witch hunters, witch hunters, witch hunters! That's all you talk about! I know that it's scary with them out there but I wish we could still have fun!". Venus argued: "But life isn't always fun, Luna! You're still a teenager so I know that's probably hard for you to understand but the older you grow you'll see that a lot of life is just trying to get through the hard stuff. Do you think I like being this anxious all the time?". Luna retorted, "What? You know I was freaking out about the witch hunters! I kept a knife under my pillow! But I decided to live in the moment, when they come, they'll come. Till then I'm going to enjoy myself, I'll prepare but not obsess.". The two of them were midway through their argument when they arrived at their karate session and decided to table it. 

When Kayla saw Luna she exclaimed, "Luna! I see you brought your sister! Venus, right?". Venus nodded her head and replied: "Yes, my name is Venus. Luna has told me so many good things.". One of their fellow students approached Kayla and complained: "What's with all these witches coming here? I don't know if I feel safe anymore.". Kayla responded, "Oh don't worry, they're completely harmless.". Then Kayla said to the whole class: "Okay everyone, let's get going. Get into pairs and we're going to go through the exercises we've learnt.". Luna and Venus began, their added anger towards each other caused them to be extra aggressive in their punches and kicks. Kayla cautioned, "Don't be so violent! We're just doing exercises, not fighting in a war!". However, they weren't listening to Kayla and Venus ended up hitting Luna in the nose. Blood was streaming down her face and Venus said: "I'm so sorry, Luna! I didn't mean to! I'm so stupid, the reason why I'm nervous is I didn't want you to get hurt then I ended up hurting you!". Luna gave her a hug of forgiveness and they continued onwards with the exercises.

Venus's speech about life had affected Luna, she decided that she should be doing more to help defeat the witch hunters. She thought late at night, "I know! I'll create a Facebook Page that only witches can enter, it'll be a group for anyone interested in defeating the witch hunters.". She couldn't go back to sleep after her idea and made the Facebook page.
Venus was making breakfast for the two of them when Luna came down the stairs whistling. Venus inquired: "What's gotten into you? It's morning and you're happy!". Luna exclaimed, "I have found a solution for our problems!". Venus laughed: "Oh, have you, now?". Luna replied, "I have started a Facebook group to try and get witches to join us in our brigade against the witch hunters.". Venus sighed: "Luna, what if people find out we're witches through this page? Regular people have Facebook too.". Luna explained, "Don't worry, I've made it so I'm the only one that can accept people into the group. We'll be fine! I bet tons of witches have already joined.". Luna checked her phone and saw that her Facebook group was empty but decided to keep that information to herself.

Luna had decided to go off her phone for the day, though she was anxious to see if people were joining she didn't want to become addicted to checking. David came over and was watching TV with her when suddenly her phone wouldn't stop vibrating. David said, "Luna, you got to pick that up! I can barely hear what the Fonz is saying to Richie.". Luna got up and when she checked to see why it was vibrating, she was extremely happy to find out it was witches who had joined her Facebook group. Luna exclaimed, "David! My brigade against the witch-hunting group is taking off! The Facebook group has 4 people in it!". David replied: "I'm glad you're happy but is 4 enough?". Luna nodded her head and after they finished their episode of Happy Days, David went back home.

When Luna told Venus about her Facebook Group's success she decided it'd be best if they invite the members over for a meeting. Luna was nervous at first, she worried that these ladies could be anybody. They could be criminals, mentally unstable, she imagined they could be just about anything unsafe. Venus made tea and bought cupcakes for everyone to eat. The members arrived one by one, the first witch to come was a scrawny girl with freckles and glasses on. The second one was a short, elderly woman with a cane. The third witch came in a bit later than the first two and was in her 30s, she seemed fitter than the others except for the fact she was in a wheelchair! The fourth witch was a teenager with bad asthma but apart from that was in relatively good health.

The witches sat down together and discussed what the Grbacs had in mind. Luna began, "Thank you all for coming. As you saw on Facebook, there are witch hunters who are after our community. My sister and I have tried to voice our concerns to Violet but she doesn't seem to believe us. That's why you all are here, we were hoping that we could start our own little rebellion against them.". The elder woman exclaimed: "Fighting? Oh, no! I don't think I'll be able to fight! I almost broke my hip last week, I have to start taking it easy.". Then the girl in the wheelchair chimed in, "What the hell can I do? I'm stuck in this chair!". Luna responded: "Don't worry, we'll be able to find something useful for all of you guys to do. No matter what your strength, age or sickness is.". Everyone shared an enthusiastic smile and though they were all scared the sisters felt like it might all work out.

Luna and Venus hired Kayla to do private karate lessons for their brigade against witch hunters group. A couple of weeks had gone by and gradually the witches got better and better. The elderly woman was learning how to use her cane as a weapon. The lady in the wheelchair worked on her aim so she could throw things. The scrawny girl worked on building up her strength and the asthmatic girl actually turned out to be good at kicking. Everything seemed to be coming together. The witches had met up early at a park in Sweetnum Valley before their weekly meeting with the Grbac sisters. Two hours had gone by and the witches had yet to arrive so Luna went out looking for them. Luna did find them, dead and sprawled across the park.