Chapter 26

Though Luna and Venus had started pretty far behind the witch hunters they had caught up and were significantly closer now. The witch hunters noticed that the Grbac girls were chasing them and tried to outrace them but failed. Luna and Venus were on their tail when suddenly their car stopped. The witch hunters had been throwing nails in front of the sisters' car so they would get a flat tire and they had succeeded. Venus and Luna let out an angry yell as the witch hunters car drove off out of sight. Luna cried: "What are we going to do now? This is awful!". Venus replied, "We'll have to call someone to come here and fix our wheels. It's time to give up the chase for the witch hunters for a bit and return home.". Luna was disappointed to have gotten so close to getting the witch hunters and then not.

Venus called a tire repair person and they were able to drive the car back home shortly after. Luna still kept her eyes peeled on the ride home for witch hunters, she hated the idea of giving up. They had gone through an exhausting day so when they got home the two of them went to bed. Though Luna usually struggled to sleep that night she dozed off almost instantly. But sleep did not bring her much peace that night, all her nightmares were fuelled by the fear that the witch hunters were mad at them because of the chase.

It was hard for Luna to go to school the next day, she still had the witch hunters heavily weighing on her mind. Lucky for her, Mr Holland took her science class to the science centre so she didn't have much schoolwork to do. David grabbed his girlfriend's hand and exclaimed: "Come on, we have to go to the back of the bus! That's the most fun part!". Luna laughed, "That is true! Okay, let's go!". There was no science centre in Sweetnum Valley, it was about an hour and a half outside of the town. Mr Holland sat at the front talking about complex theories to do with physics and chemistry but no one was listening. Luna and David were chatting away about their weekend, girls were gossiping and the guys were playing games on their phones.

Venus and Liam were working on a project for their film class. They had to make their own short movie. Venus might be intelligent in regards to science and math but she lacked creativity so she knew she was going to rely heavily on Liam's talents. During one of their work periods, Venus asked him: "What do you think our short should be about?". Liam suggested, "How about something horror-themed? Like zombies or vampires? Maybe we could even do a witch thing.". Venus's face reddened at the mention of witches and she replied: "Vampires sounds good.". Liam inquired, "You live in Sweetnum Valley, right? They have this really old fashioned and beautiful graveyard. Can we film the movie there?". Venus thought, "Oh no, everyone there knows I'm a witch but Liam doesn't and I wish to keep it that way. But I can't think of a good excuse for why we shouldn't go to Sweetnum Valley and it is the perfect place to film the movie.". Venus agreed to Liam's suggestion and they decided they'd meet up after their last class of the day to head to Sweetnum Valley together.

When Mr Holland's class arrived at the science centre David was jumping with excitement. He cried, "Luna! This is awesome! You said you were stressed, this is the best way to calm down!". Luna giggled and replied, "You're like a kid in a candy store!". Though Luna and David wanted to do their own thing they were stuck with their class. Mr Holland kept talking in his usual know it all voice the whole time. Occasionally the tour guide would correct him but then Mr Holland would say, "I can see why you would think that but I'll have you know, I'm right!". Luna whispered to David, "This is extremely annoying. You know, what? I'll use an illusion spell that'll make Mr Holland think we're right here so we can go wherever we want.". David flashed her a smile and then the two of them went to the planetarium.

On the car ride to Sweetnum Valley from Harvard Liam asked Venus: "So were you born and raised in Sweetnum Valley?". Venus then realized she hadn't really told her friends much about her personal life. She replied to him, "No, I'm actually from New York City. After my parents died I moved with my sister to Sweetnum Valley for a change. Oh and just a heads up, people in my town act kind of weird around me so don't be surprised by the stares.". Liam exclaimed, "Stares? Geez, what did you do to deserve such treatment?". Venus bluffed: "Who knows?" and continued to drive onwards to her home.

When Luna got back from her field trip she was surprised to see that they had company, Liam was sitting on their couch with Venus. Venus introduced them: "Luna, this is my friend Liam and Liam, this is my sister Luna. I think you two met at my birthday party. We're working on a project for film class.". Once everyone was well acquainted Luna went up to her bedroom and the two friends left to begin making their movie. After a little while of walking around Sweetnum Valley Liam asked Venus: "Why does everyone here keep yelling at you and calling you a witch?". Venus replied, "Oh it's just a nickname of theirs for me because no one likes me.". Luckily Liam didn't further question it and they made their way to the graveyard.

Liam began directing Venus for their short film. The basis of the story he had written was that there was a vampire on the loose, played by Venus, and Liam's role was as a priest who was constantly being chased by the vampire. Liam joked as they got everything set up in the graveyard: "Well, this isn't my best work but hopefully Professor Langdon will go easy on us.". Venus laughed, "Oh, don't worry! It'll turn out great!". They had brought with them fake blood, garlic, vampire teeth and a stake. Victoria was riding through the town on her bike when she saw Venus and exclaimed, "Aww, this is where your sister resurrected me! Are you doing one right now? Is that why you're here?". When Venus didn't say anything for a couple of moments Victoria left. Liam asked Venus, "Resurrection? What on Earth is that little girl talking about?". Venus was perplexed, she really didn't know how to respond to that. She lied, "That girl is crazy, the poor thing lost her parents a couple of years ago in a fire and ever since then she's been an absolute nutcase. No one here in Sweetnum Valley knows what to do with her, really.". Liam replied, "That is a shame! Okay, enough talking, let's get going on this damn movie!". It didn't take them long to film it and Venus quite liked playing a villain. At one point when they were doing one of Liam's scenes an actual priest gave him a dirty look and cried: "Stop making a mockery of my religion and livelihood!". Once they were done filming Liam went back home to begin the editing process and Venus returned to her house to make dinner for Luna.