Chapter 17

When Luna went down the stairs she saw the back of a man and immediately beat him with a baseball bat. When the man fell to the ground and faced her she realized it was David! David cried: "Okay, okay. I won't visit here anymore!". Luna apologized, "Oh, no, no. I didn't realize it was you! I thought you were an intruder.". David explained: "I finished my work so I thought I'd come over for a surprise visit. You left your door unlocked so I just came in.". Luna replied: "I feel terrible, I didn't mean to hurt you.". She was shaking which worried David so he asked: "What's wrong? Is everything okay?". Luna responded: "It's just with all these murders happening around me I feel scared I'll be next. I can't seem to just sit and feel calm lately, every time I hear a noise I think it's someone coming to kill me.". David didn't want to leave Luna alone when she seemed so anxious so he stayed with her for a bit and the two of them watched TV.

Venus was having an amazing time with her friends in Washington D.C, though they had a short time there they managed to see all the sights: Lincoln Memorial, the White House and the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum. When the end of their trip came the trio of friends felt closer than they had before. Venus thought on the car ride back home: "I do feel bad, Liam and Asali have told me everything about themselves but I still haven't revealed to them I'm a witch.". She was sad their trip had finished but knew they'd do more things like this in the future.
When Venus returned home the Zamolodchikova's invited her along with Luna to their house for dinner. Luna sighed when her older sister told her, she thought: "I love Alexei and Vladislav but Victoria is so annoying!". When Luna smelt the food Alexei was cooking her angry mood instantly switched to happiness. Vladislav exclaimed, "Ah, my girls. I'm so happy you're here!". Victoria chimed in, "Well, I'm not!" then she telekinetically threw a pillow at Luna. Vladislav sighed: "Victoria, that's not very nice." but Venus reassured him that no feelings were hurt. All the pancakes with caviar and piroshki couldn't soften the tension between Luna and Victoria. They would exchange icy glares and Victoria seemed to be exploding with anger. Victoria used her powers to push a plate of food onto Luna's shirt. Luna yelled: "Hey! Look what you did! I've got sauce all over me!". Luna stormed out of the house and went home.

As president of the student body council, David had many responsibilities and one was arranging the winter carnival. The day had finally come and Luna was excited to see what her boyfriend had done. She brought Sybil with her. At the latest Witch's Society of America meeting, Sybil had said she wanted to visit her and decided to come the week of the carnival. Luna didn't want to miss it so she brought her friend with her. She exclaimed as she entered the fair: "He went all out! There are games, a Ferris wheel, hot chocolate and toboggan rides! I'm proud!". Luna and Sybil found David then the three of them walked around the carnival.

Venus was stuck working on a project for her biology class all night. Though it was a lot of work school remained to be one of the most important things to her. She thought, "I'll just make myself some food now for a little break." and made some Kraft mac and cheese. What she didn't notice while making her dinner was that Morticia had just used her laser beams to disintegrate all the work she had done. When Venus turned around and saw the pile of ash where her sheets had been she screamed: "Morticia! What did you do? I know some people say that their pet ate their homework but I don't think my professor will believe me!". She was on the brink of tears, she had done almost all of the work so the fact she had to start over again was heartbreaking. But alas, she knew that was what she had to do.

David was only able to spend a short amount of time with the girls before he had to return to overseeing that everything was running smoothly. Luna gave him a hug and remarked: "You did an amazing job, sweetie!". Then the girls went toboggan riding. Sybil was slightly scared because she didn't want the toboggan to go out of control but after Luna showed her that even little kids were doing it she gave it a try. Afterwards, Sybil commented: "How come everyone stares at you here?". Luna replied, "Have you seen the people that live in Sweetnum Valley? I stand out and that scares them, they're also especially upset with me since what happened at the prom.". Mrs Osbourne saw the girls and said, "Luna, who's this?" as she pointed at Sybil. Luna responded: "She's my fellow witch and friend, Sybil. Are you having fun so far?". Mrs Osbourne laughed, "Oh yeah! I brought my husband, Daniel and my daughter with me. We're having a lot of fun, please tell David he did a good job!". Luna nodded her head then she went with Sybil to get some hot chocolate, her favourite winter drink.

Venus's patience was really wearing, she had never wanted to get a pet and now that very pet she didn't want had ruined everything. She thought angrily as she redid her assignment: "I wanted to be done by 8 pm and then read my book!". She constantly imagined herself killing Morticia but knew that then Luna would kill her. Hours passed and she finally had finished her damned homework. She heard Luna's alarm clock ringing and decided to go into her room to turn it off. When she was in her younger sister's room she saw a knife under her pillow, Venus thought: "Oh god, why is she hiding a knife under here?". Her fear grew when she noticed a baseball bat in the corner of her room. Venus said to herself: "I need to read Luna's diary, I know it's a violation of her privacy but I got to know what's going on.". When Venus read how afraid her sister had been with all the people around her dying she felt worse. But she felt happy knowing all that drama was behind them.

Luna and Sybil were having the best time at the carnival. Luna was especially happy because she won the penguin stuffed animal after winning the water gun game. Then Sybil said: "I know you don't like Ferris wheels but I'm just going to go on it by myself.". Luna replied, "Okay, I'm going to go do the snowman building contest and we'll meet up here afterwards.". Luna happily skipped to the contest, she had always loved building snowmen so she was quite excited. She had brought extra mittens, a scarf, carrots, buttons and tophat for the snowman. Lucy sneered: "Even if you win we'll all know it's because your boyfriend is the one running it.". Luna retorted: "Yes, he's running the carnival but he's not judge of the snowman competition. If I were you I'd focus on your own snowman which is currently falling apart.". Luna was happy with her snowman and once she was done started making her way to see Sybil. David ran towards Luna and cried: "Sybil is dead!".