Chapter 4

On the day Luna was supposed to cast the revenge spell she told Venus she was going over to David's house. The car ride to Mr Davis's house was awkward, Luna didn't how to make small talk and neither did Mr Davis. He didn't like Luna's rock music and she hated his classical piano CDs so the two decided to just sit there in silence. Mr Davis was happy to say "Well, we're here." when they arrived at his beautiful old fashioned house. They walked inside and Luna began laying out the ingredients for the spell. She had black and red candles, matches, paper, black rose petals and two redstones. Luna asked Mr Davis as she was lighting the candles in a circle "Can you go get a picture of the two of them? You'll need it for the spell.". Mr Davis replied "Oh yes, I can. She posted one on Facebook, I'll print it now. The caption was about what good friends they are, I can't believe I fell for that!".

Once he printed it, Luna began the spell. She grabbed a white piece of paper and wrote: " dark ravens, come take revenge." then spread around the black rose petals around the red candle in the middle. She put the redstones on the piece of paper and the picture Mr Davis printed in the middle of the circle. Then she was chanting "O ravens of darkness, bring on Pyroc and give a taste of my revenge to-" when she realized she didn't know Mr Davis's wife and her lover's name. Mr Davis interrupted and said, "Their names aside from Mr and Mrs Lucifer are Karen and Jared.". Luna continued her chant, " and give a taste of my revenge to Karen and Jared. They will now feel my pain and hatred. Earth,air,fire,water. By the power of three so mote it be." then burnt the picture of them and the piece of paper.

Venus got home from school and was surprised that Luna wasn't back from David's house yet. Luna had said she'd only be there for an hour after school and Venus had arrived hours after the school bell rings. When Luna didn't pick up her phone she called David and said "Can you tell Luna to come home soon? It's going to be dark out soon.". David was confused and responded "Luna isn't here. What do you mean? Is she alright?". Venus retorted "She won't be after I talk to her", knowing with absolute certainty her youngest sister had undermined her wishes. She hung up the phone and waited angrily for Luna to come back home.

When Luna got home she was ready to tell her older sister some lie about how much fun she had at David's house but when she opened the door and saw Venus's angry face she knew the truth had leaked. Luna mumbled, "Who told you?". Venus retorted, "The very person you said you were with! I asked him what was taking you so long and he seemed as confused as me. What the hell were you thinking? You do realize I'm in charge here, right?". Luna argued, "But nothing happened!" then Venus interrupted: "Yet! Yet, Luna! Remember Emma and her crush, everything seemed fine at first then it all went awful!". Luna knew Venus was right and said nothing while Venus continued talking, "You are grounded for two weeks! No dates with David, no cellphone and no TV.". Luna was extremely unhappy with her punishment but she knew to argue with Venus would only worsen things.

However, nothing did go wrong with Luna's spell. Mr Davis got his revenge on his wife and her lover with no harm being done to anyone else. When Luna explained to David what had happened he replied, "Mr Davis's wife is cheating on him? Makes sense! That guy looks like his ideal fun night is listening to Phil Collins and eating soup.". What Luna did not realize was that Grace, the biggest gossiper at John Weston Public School, had overheard everything. By the end of the day, all of Luna's classmates knew what had happened. Luna thought, "At least the principal doesn't know what I did, he wouldn't let Mr Davis give me those good marks and say it's unethical!". Now that word had gotten out that Luna did spells for people everyone was asking her for favours. Though there were still tons of people that hated her there was a growing group that saw her magic as an advantage for them.

Though Venus had usually frowned upon Luna's use of magic in regards to education she used found herself doing so. Not for all classes but for one, in particular, film class. She decided to take it as an elective for fun but her more important classes like chemistry and biology were taking up all her time. She used magic to hypnotize her teacher into giving her an A+ for all her essays. Liam, a guy that sat beside her in class, was shocked at her mark on the Forrest Gump essay. He said "How did you get that? Professor Langdon never gives A+s!". Venus bluffed, "I just really poured my heart and soul into it.". Liam moved in a little closer towards her and asked, "Well, maybe we could go...um...see a movie together and you could give me some tips? Or just grab a bite?". Venus's head went into a complete state of shock, Liam had been in her eyes just a friend and even that felt like too warm a term for him. They hardly spoke to each other and Venus didn't really know a thing about him. She realized two minutes had gone by and she hadn't said anything so she replied: "I'm sorry but it's going to have to be a no.". Romance wasn't something Venus cared for, she saw it as too stressful and a waste of time.