Chapter 3

THE NEW BOY AT SCHOOL

The weird conversations had still remained vivid on Mwayiseni's mind. She always thought of those weird conversations every time she walked and saw a bunch of men. She tried to think of many other things; but those conversations were still fresh and ripe on her mind. At one point she thought she was now going to get mad. She rustled with her heart for allowing her ears to listen to every single thing that her sisters had talked about in the past concerning the field of sex. She felt so much heartbroken and she constantly had battles within her.

*******************
January 1947, rain season

Schools had opened again. The first day of going back to school after that short holiday felt so good. The girls loved to call the school, a grandmother's den, for the school was in such a ram shackled affair. The school had been built over a hundred years ago, and it stood in the corner of the forest right at the frightening angle of snakes.

When Mwayiseni had arrived at school that morning, she had already found the morning assembly had taken place. "You need to be coming early!" Yelled teacher Bupe, at Mwayiseni with some bunch of girls and boys that walked into class late. Mwayiseni hurriedly went to hug Malaika, her friend. The two girls happily felt that they needed each other in order to survive the school. "I missed you. How was the holiday?" Asked Malaika, as Mwayiseni covered her mouth and giggled at the end. "Curiosity killed a cat," she replied, with more giggling. The two girls stared at each other and giggled more.

The teacher Mrs. Bupe silenced them all and told them to do the work that was on the board as she quietly walked out of class. Then after a short while; she returned with a new school boy, who walked with her into class.

Mwayiseni would never forget that face that had just walked in her class. They called him Katasu, and Mwayiseni thought he was born on the day when heaven was having a feast. He had a husky height, with a busted chest. He had milky white teeth and rumor had it, that men who had white teeth had suckled too much milk from their mother's breasts. His skin tone looked so blossomed as though a pint of honey was coated around him. He even had a broad face, and he kept on flushing at Mwayiseni.

She was so excited and did not want the day to end. He was like an epitomic human boy flower that every girl would have loved to plant in the garden. Mwayiseni, did not know where the strength came from during break time; so she followed this new boy who had sat at the corner. When she sat by him, all her witty behavior was with her. The boy instantly smiled at her, she thought to herself that he had the cutest smile she had ever seen. The honey in his mouth had even made him to have such a delicious smile.

"What is your name?" She asked, while clutching at the air with shyness. "My name is Katasu and what is your name?" "Am Mwayiseni," "What a wonderful name that you have, it is as wonderful as your lovely face." Mwayiseni all of a sudden had butterflies in her stomach, she could not believe it that a man for the first time told her all these flattering words. "Are we going to walk together when going home?"

He asked, as though he had known her for a long time. She had no more words to say, all she did was blush and nod in excitement. She felt she had crossed the valley and was soon going to explore more about life that she was yet to discover. Break time was over, and classes resumed. She walked back to her sit, but she could not resist stealing fast glances at Katasu as Mrs. Bupe taught; she was just so happy.

When classes ended and everyone was rushing like little children out of their classes going home. Mwayiseni had a hidden agenda, so she slowly walked out of the school gate with her friend Malaika, and then all at once she stopped walking. "Malaika, see you tomorrow." "Why Mwayiseni, are we not walking home together?" "Not anymore, I have great company." Added Mwayiseni, to her friend, as Mailaika decided to walk on. Katasu, the new boy trotted behind her, and it seemed he was well acquainted in the area of love matters. It was as though the boy had watched so much love soap operas for he had the vibe. "May we go my lady," he said, unto her as he helped carry her bag.

Mwayiseni felt like she was the luckiest woman on earth. Oh! He likes me, she thought to herself as they walked home.

The weeks that followed, she was always escorted home by Katasu. The only problem was that, while she wanted to start a relationship with Katasu, he himself was not sure if he wanted it; because he always referred to her as a little sister. She did not want to be called that. She was much more than being young. The belittling was just too much, and she wanted to prove to him that she was not young. Therefore, the days that followed; she would always sit by Katasu's desk in class, and she would try by all means to act big around him. She even went as far as using her sisters' words at him, when trying to compliment him. She would use words such as.

"You look so handsome like the oranges that you produce." However, all this used to just make Katasu laugh, and by Katasu laughing she thought he was really beginning to think of her as an adult. She pushed the buttons even further. Every time they talked, she made sure that she always looked at his mouth and would stare at the saliva as he talked. She grew so weary at this, that she so badly wanted to taste that saliva in his mouth.

The thing that she called honey. She therefore asked Katasu to kiss her, if there was any chance. She did not even care whether they were dating or not, all she wanted was to kiss and suck out all that saliva from his mouth. Katasu did not refuse, but he promised to give her what she wanted at the right time. She waited and waited in vain; she watched days, weeks, months pass by.

Throughout that waiting period, she would even wear some perfume that she would steal from her sisters so as to attract him more. Each time they would meet at school, she would ask for the time when they would lock kisses. Katasu would always say, no one must see them, so she needed to wait a little while. She waited that she grew more pale and thin.

"When are we going to kiss?" Asked a worried Mwayiseni, that morning at school during break time. His eyes looked at her, as he proudly laughed. "I want the honey of your mouth," she begged him, as she seductively looked at him while biting her lip. It seemed she had secretly learnt so much from her elder sisters of which was now manifesting itself. "Wait Mwayiseni, the honey you want from my mouth must not be done in an open space for everyone to see us. Just wait for it, I will give it to you plus it is very full."

"Oh! We can kiss right now, let us go to the school ground no one is there, I want it all pleaseeee," she faintly begged. She had this playful flirty eye look that she was giving him that he too could not resist this temptation. "Wait time will come," he replied, not giving in to her temptation. And then break time was over as the two walked to class.

During class time, as the teacher had given them work and everyone was busy writing. Malaika who had sat with Mwayiseni, hissed a bit as she asked. "Friend, why have you become so pale and are getting thin, what are you sick of?" Mwayiseni giggled, as she glanced at Katasu who was sited at the far end corner; she then bit her lip as she looked back at her friend. "Say something, Mwayiseni is your lip giving you problems." Asked Malaika, frantically. Mwayiseni looked even more paler, as she said, "I want it, he is so adorable and I want it so bad, to drip in my mouth even just two drops....." "What are you talking about?" Asked Malaika getting confused. "Of course you will not know," she replied, as she continued writing and ignored her friend. Malaika too frowned and thought this girl was behaving so strange.