Chapter 27

An official man!

This Chapter is dedicated to hilda_44, Royco2004, nrwlife123, Shetemi7554, rhe_xxa2, Lemonshark31, Chinelo Anyanechi, Mideblessed and Phebenightjames. Wow you Friends are really supporting me. Thank you so much. you are shooting stars. Great Amazing People.

The following year that came, had days that were so golden and hazel. The results were out, and Mwayiseni had passed with flying colors to University. In University, she excelled with a career in Accounts. Her University years were full of soft hardships and splendor, but she managed to pull through. Finally, after what seemed like a long wait, in the mid 1950s, she graduated and walked with her gown proudly.

Not to forget to mention, she was now a fully-grown woman.

************

However, few months later after working, that afternoon she felt sick. She decided to knock off early from work, as she walked to a nearby general hospital. The hospital was such a busy place, with lines of people all wanting to see the Doctors on duty.

“Next patient please!” Shouted Mubale, he was working as a nurse and he had turned into a man. He was wearing a blue lab coat; as he worked so busy attending to this person and that person. Amidst his busy day, he shot a delightful scorch at the queue of patients and spotted Mwayiseni.

His heart melted with joy, as he laughed heartily and pointed at her.

Mwayiseni did not notice him until the woman standing in front of her signaled to her that the nurse on duty was pointing at her. That is when she realized it was Mubale and she too rejoiced at seeing him. He called her without minding people around, as he shouted.

“Come here! Beautiful! Mwayiseni!” Her cheeks flushed as she approached him and his eyes sparkled as he stared at her directly.

Moreover, he had stood up other patients waiting for him to attend to them just for her. This was a sign of how important she meant to him. When she stood near him, she felt relieved that at least she had found someone she knew who would help her cut the long queues. Though this did not sit well with other people.

“What brings you here?” he asked her, getting worried with extreme politeness. “Am not feeling too well, but the long queues are too much,” she replied stressfully, while her right hand touched her head.

He wasted no time, as he held her by her hand and hurriedly walked with her into the Doctor’s room. The Doctor welcomed them both as Mubale joyfully, said to him. “Doc, this patient is my longtime friend, please attend to her this very minute.”

Upon his words, he left to attend to the other patients and he would move up and down. Soon the Doctor was attending to her, and they discovered that she just had a little fever that would soon go away. Mwayiseni was not even paying attention to what the Doctor was telling her. She kept staring and admiring Mubale, as he moved around bringing in and out patients.

She realized he was no longer old-fashioned and he looked very presentable. She frowned a little to herself as she brushed the thought aside of falling in love with him. However, she could not deny it that he looked so handsome more than Ken. She presumed Ken was just one of those boys, who really groomed themselves to attract women but in a nutshell he was not even that handsome.

No one even had an idea where he bought those perfumes that made him smell good. Then here was Mubale, handsome, but because in those days he was so poor, his handsomeness could not shine. Now, he was beaming so beautifully in his lab coat as he walked around because he was working and was able to look so sexy.

When she was done, she waved goodbye to the Doctor and then walked in the hospital corridor. The corridor was busy with people walking to and from as well as nurses. She then stood for a lengthy long time by the OPD, and just stared and admired Mubale who was talking to other sparkling clean female nurses. She felt a little jealous and thought that maybe he was dating one of them. She then turned and decided to go and forget about him like a candle in the wind.