Chapter 25

By and by.

This Chapter is dedicated to bunnyrocs606, hilda_44, Lemonshark31, tamika 110, defineus452, Phebenightjames. You are amazing thank you for supporting this work through and through (joyful sobs)

On Monday Morning, a young April wind was howling terribly. Mwayiseni found the morning to be tragic and dark. She sadly watched as her friends in uniforms walked to school without even caring about her. She then carefully packed her clothes in her small rusted suitcase as she frowned.

***********

The dormitory was now quiet and cold as everyone had gone to class and she was the only one left behind. She heard ghostly whisphers, as though someone was bathing from the showers from time to time but she cared less because her heart was aching.

Her eyes had large dark patches because she had spent the entire weekend just crying. When she finished packing, she lifted her suitcase and bucket as she sadly walked to the headmaster’s office to hear her fate.

Mwayiseni blamed herself for all this mess and she vowed to herself that she would never forgive herself if at all they expelled her. When she arrived at the headmaster’s office, her heart started to rattle. She then gently knocked at the wooden carved door as she waited in silence and fear.

‘Come in!’ She heard a big loud voice speak from inside, that made her stomach rumble. The headmaster’s office smelled of old books and newspapers as she walked in. The room looked like a library, as she spotted the headmaster sited at the far end on a desk as he purred and flipped from a very large textbook.

Her heart sank because there was her empty heart shaped box of chocolate gently resting on the desk. Her feet froze and knocked at the same time, as she walked over to the desk with her suitcase and bucket.

The headmaster was a very cruel, mean man. Many pupils called him all manner of awful heart breaking names. In addition, superstitions surrounded him. Since he kept a clean long afro hair, many referred to it as ‘The hair that talked.’ At that time when they phrased someone that his hair talked, they were likening such a one to a bunch of grimy nasty wizards.

In addition, he was well known for giving out ugly punishments. Punishments that ranged from whipping someone during Monday morning assembly, when all friends and teachers had gathered around. Making one dig a pit that was taller than your height.

Making one swim in dirty water alongside frogs in hopes that one could stink like dung and scratch all day. Making one to fetch water for him at his house from sunset to sunrise. Doing all his house chores, such as washing clothes and plates while his wife would supervise and inspect. However, the worse punishment was expulsion.

Mwayiseni could not believe it that today she was a victim and was facing the horrible feared man himself the headmaster! She now stood trying to be courageous as she faced him, and the headmaster was just flipping pages from that textbook without minding her presence.

He briefly narrowed his spectacles, and gazed at her, as he continued flipping the pages, and asked. ‘Are you a new student? Well, we are not taking any new students; these girls are giving us trouble most especially that box girl! And the quarter is almost ending!’

‘I am the box girl,’ replied Mwayiseni, as the headmaster raised his head at her. Mwayiseni then pointed at the box, as she hastily said. ‘That happens to be my box.’ The headmaster caught the air with his hands as his eyes became furious.

He snapped his fingers with an awe as though recalling an important ordeal, as he said. ‘So it is you? Such a humble girl! Like you being found in such scandals!’