Chapter 24

When she followed Ken

This chapter is dedicated to everyone reading, sharing this story and voting thank you. For you make me so happy. (Joyful tears)

Around mid-afternoon, Mwayiseni had reached at Kapela boys school and tried to walk past it, in hopes to see Ken maybe they would resolve their issues one last more.

The sun had been struggling to rise due to the coldness and the earth appeared misty grey as though a twilight was just beginning. To her much, surprise the reception she got from the boys that saw her as she passed scared her.

The boys would whisper in each other’s ears and would all of a sudden jeer and laugh at her. She heard them jeer something like that is the slut that is playing games between Ken and Mubale! She herself could not make any sense from what they were jeering.

***********

She then spotted Mubale standing under a tree with the other boys as they talked sharply. She hurriedly walked over to him, but when he met eyes with her, he looked so confused, dreadful and lost. That attitude towards her really put her off. He was gazing at her stupidly, as though it was fool’s day.

‘Hey, Mubale would you please call for me Ken! I really need to talk to him.’ She begged desperately, as Mubale coldly looked at her. The other boys that were with him, had walked a stone’s throw away and were waiting for him but they looked like they were gossiping about her.

Nevertheless, she could not read between lines as she stressfully looked at Mubale. His eyes fumed at her with anger, as he grinned.

Why do you keep asking about Ken? Didn’t you two go on a hiking?’ She was surprised at his rude response and he was treating her as if she was some sort of piece of trash. ‘Of course we went on our hiking! But….’ She yelled at him back with her cheeks flushing.

She did not like his attitude, but before she could say much more, he furiously replied. ‘Everyone is right about you! You are just a slut! In fact a hoe! How could you be so naive to go on a hiking with Ken! He has just used you Mwayiseni! Yes he has!’ He was not being thoughtful of her feelings and he was dishing out his anger all at her without caring.

She looked at him with confusion, as she frantically asked. ‘Mubale what are you talking about and why are you insulting me?’ She questioned, as she tried to reason with him because nothing was making any sense. ‘I came to look for Ken and you are insulting me!’ She asked plainly, as a brokenhearted Mubale yelled with so much anger.

You stupid girl! I cannot believe you went on a hiking with Ken! You prostitute! I should have known better that you were a slut!’ His face stunned with so much insolent, his voice had a mixture of bitterness, anger and pain. Meanwhile, she was shocked and alarmed at his behavior towards her.

The Mubale she knew was always jovial and was comfortable with being old-fashioned, but today he was so mean and cold like the cold weather itself.

She quietly but very shocked asked, with her eyes slowly widening. ‘You think I am a prostitute?’ His eyes beamed on her with fury, as he replied in a high strained tempered voice. ‘Yes you are a prostitute!’ ‘How does being in love with Ken make me a prostitute?’ She choked, with tears about to cloud her eyes.

He squeezed his eyes to shut a little because she was making him go mad, as he carelessly blurted. ‘The fact that you went hiking with Ken makes you a bitch! Because he takes girls for hiking to have sex with them. Anyway! You bitch!’

She got tired of his insults, so in order to shut him up; she slapped him, as she aggressively yelled. ‘Never should you call me a bitch in your life again!’ ‘Never should you lay your hands on me again!’ He yelled back at her, as he held his cheek with pain.