Chapter 39

A.C.

Breathe.

God, how can I tell my lungs to breathe again? It's as if I'm willing to bear the suffocation to keep this up. By far, the best part of this entire pretence, is the exhilaration of this moment. 

By now, my hands have grabbed Edward's shirt, and I cling onto him to keep myself balanced – I needed some form of support to keep myself standing; my legs already giving out and my spine tingling with hyper awareness as Edward's hand glides up and down slowly, achingly down my back while his other hand digs into my long hair, his fingers interlaced with my locks.

His toxic scent and loving touch is the only thing I'm coherently aware of, my senses invaded by him and only him.

I can't for the life of me think straight, and as a result, a small moan escapes my lips as our kiss deepens and becomes more frantic. My lips are already sensitively moist from every intimate kiss that has me soaring to new heights I didn't think possible.

At this rate, Edward's inviting mouth will turn me into an insatiable she-beast. Gasping for air, I step back and close my eyes momentarily, putting an end to the growing desire within me, a wave of warmth washing over me.

Hesitating slightly, I look up to see beautiful brown eyes smiling back at me. "That was – "

"Oh honeys! If you kiss like that, then you'll have kids in no time."

Gone is blissful Aubrey as panic seeps into me and my mind goes blank for a split second. Where the hell did this woman come from again? What was turning into the best moment of my life comes crashing down as the annoying lady steps between us again.

"You should be careful though, you don't want kids that fast. Trust me, you need some time to have a little fun," she said, swatting Edward's shoulder.

Gapping at her in astonishment, she hands Edward the camera and waves goodbye but gives me a meaningful wink which has me turning a bright shade of crimson – well damn. Talk about being suggestive.

Scoffing at her retreating back, I turn back to Edward whose busy smirking at the photos, the sound of the camera's tiny beeping filling the air as he looks at picture after picture. Gasping, I lunge for it. "Let me see too!"

"Nope." Side stepping me, he raises it above his head while using his other arm to hold me back.

"Let me see!"

"No. If I let you look, you'll delete all of them."

"What?" I questioned, my voice barely audible.

"This is good, solid evidence. I can't have you deleting it."

Unfazed by his detective word play, I cross my arms patiently and look up in mock disbelief. "Fine, I promise not to delete the evidence. Let me look at them now, Sherlock."

"No."

"I said I wouldn't."

"And I said no...Watson," he added.

"Edward."

"Aubrey," he returned, mimicking my voice. My eyebrows narrow and I begin tapping a foot irritably.

 Suddenly leaning in closer, the smug look on his face surprises me and I step back in shock. His smile only widens and the next thing I feel, is Edward's mouth next to my ear. "If I show you the pictures, the only thing you'll see is yourself enjoying every second of that kiss."

Damn the hot breaths tickling my ear, my hair was beginning to stand up and warmth starts to spread from the bottom of neck, ascending to my cheeks.

Giving a small hysterical laugh, I step back swiftly and look up in horror. "There's nothing big enough in this world to stab that egocentric heart, is there?"