Epilogue Part 2

------------------
And maybe a Happy Ending doesn't include a guy, maybe… it's you, on your own, picking up the pieces and starting over, freeing yourself up for something better in the future. Maybe the Happy Ending is… just… Moving On. 💒
------------------

ELENA POV

Lost in our own little bubble, we remain by our bench on the pier until the cold becomes too much. Even as the icy wind causes tremors to wreck through my body, I don't want to leave, only succumbing to Elijah when he tells me there's a second part to our night.

We walk slowly back through the pier before catching a cab and heading back into the city.

"We're going to Mario's?" I ask eagerly when he gives the driver our destination.

He grins. "Yeah, I have a surprise planned."

The city passes us as we weave throughout the streets, but I barely notice. I'm torn between looking at the man next to me and the ring that graces my finger.

"Do you like the ring? You keep looking at it… I can change it if—"

Brushing my fingers against his lips, I tell him to be quiet. "It's beautiful. You're not changing my ring."

He beams at me and kisses me softly

He beams at me and kisses me softly. Pulling back, he cups my face and looks at me in wonder. "I can't believe you said yes."

This time, I kiss him before pulling away. "I can't believe you thought I'd say no."

~ Hold on, to me as we go, As we roll down this unfamiliar road 🚗

~ And although this wave is stringing us along, Just know you're not alone 💏

~ Cause I'm going to make this place your home  🏡

Mario's is in darkness when we pull up, yet Elijah still gets out of the cab before walking around and opening my door.

"Elijah, I think it's closed."

"Nope. I booked us a table."

"I don't know—"

Grasping my hand he pulls me forward. "Would you just trust me?" He links his fingers with mine, and we walk to the front door.

I try it, not shocked in the slightest when it doesn't budge.

"Elijah…" I trail off as he pulls a key from his pocket and opens the door.

I smile softly, feeling it grow when he grins at me. "What did you do?"

 "What did you do?"