Chapter 15

-----------
"I just can’t help myself – I want you in every way possible"
------------

ELENA POV

As soon as breakfast is finished, everyone goes their separate ways. Davina looks nervous as both she and Kol leave to meet his friends. Esther and Mikael follow close behind, both of them heading for the sales in the city. Rain falls heavily, bouncing off the ground. The wind is so strong, the trees in the front yard are completely bent over, and I can't help but feel thankful for Elijah wanting to hide out at home today.

They won't be back for hours, and I can't tell if I'm more excited or nervous.

I help clean up in the kitchen, smiling every time Elijah's hands brush against mine or subtly graze the bottom of my back.

"What movie do you want to watch first?" He passes me the last plate to dry and empties the sink.

I shrug. Like I can think about movies now. All I can focus on is the way his t-shirt slides up when he moves, baring his toned stomach to me, or the muscles in his arms when he reaches up to put something in a shelf that I can't reach. I want to reach over and slowly peel his shirt off—

 I want to reach over and slowly peel his shirt off—

Elijah interrupts my daydream. "Want me to pick?"

I nod. "Yeah, I don't mind."

He kisses my cheek. "Okay. I'll meet you in the family room, then."

I watch him leave, with no intentions of following him. I finish what I'm doing and make my way back upstairs to his bedroom, hoping for some time to pull myself together before he comes looking for me.

My hands shake as I freshen up in the bathroom and run a brush through my hair. My stomach is doing somersaults, yet I can't think of a single reason not to go through with this.

Back in his bedroom, I slip out of the clothes I put on for breakfast and lay back on the bed. I take a few deep breaths, focusing on the sounds from downstairs as I try to settle my nerves.