Chapter 9

-------------
"The thing about being with the one you love is that you can go and be in his arms"
-------------

ELENA POV

"Have you been here before?"

My gaze lingers on the large couch in the center of the room. It has a brown rug over the back of it and is surrounded by candles. A bottle of champagne and a bowl of popcorn sit on the TV in front of it.

 A bottle of champagne and a bowl of popcorn sit on the TV in front of it

The whole thing screams romance.

And I love it.

"Elena?"

"No, I've never heard of this place." I whisper. "I love it." Elijah has booked us tickets to the screening room at the Public Hotel in Chicago. The room is cozy, filled with couches, and lit by spotlights. Tonight, they've decorated the suite with candles, giving it a completely romantic feel. On the far wall, a large screen takes up residence. At the moment, it's blank, waiting for its audience to arrive. "It's like something from a movie."

"Great. Um... I just have to go and get a few things organized. Take a seat, and I'll be back as soon as I can."

"All right. Where do you want to sit?"

He shrugs. "I don't mind." He leans down, his hot breath against my ear. "Personally, I prefer the large corner seat."

"That's only for one person, though?"

He smiles and walks away. "I know. I thought we could cuddle."

A cross between a whimper and a giggle escapes my lips as I watch him walk away. The things that man does to me.

Aware that this room is open to the public and that anyone can steal the one-seater sofa that I want - because yes, I want to cuddle up with him - I quickly run over to it and throw myself on it with a giggle

"Settle down with me
Cover me up
Cuddle me in
Lie down with me
And hold me in your arms"