Chapter 10

-----------
"A good relationship is with someone who knows all your insecurities and imperfections and still loves you the same"
-----------

ELENA POV

A few days later, I find myself nervously waiting outside the library as Elijah closes up for the night. We shared a few stolen kisses in the back aisles, each one causing my heart to stutter, before he asked to cash in on his coffee date.

"I figured it out
I figured it out from black and white
Seconds and hours
Maybe they had to take some time"

Although part of me had hoped he would forget about my offer to tell him about what happened in Mystic Falls, I'm still excited to spend some more time alone with him.

The wind picks up a little, and I pull my jacket tighter around me to block out the chill. I'd bought this in Mystic Falls, thinking it would see me through a Chicago winter, but as the weeks go by and the temperature continues to drop, I can see I was a bit optimistic.

I'm only left waiting a few moments before Elijah appears. I bite back a giggle as he visibly shivers when the chill hits him. He quickly locks the door, pulls the collar up on his jacket, and jogs over to me.

 He quickly locks the door, pulls the collar up on his jacket, and jogs over to me

Never have dark jeans and a black leather jacket looked so damn good.

"Hey." He murmurs before leaning down and placing a soft kiss on my lips. My heart stutters before taking off at top speed while he grins at me. "Ready?"

He takes my hand in his and pulls me toward him, kissing my forehead before we head toward the coffee shop

He takes my hand in his and pulls me toward him, kissing my forehead before we head toward the coffee shop. I've never been one for huge displays of affection, but tonight, I can't keep the beaming smile from my face.

XXX

With the evening rush hour over, the coffee shop is almost completely empty. I grab some comfy seats away from the door while Elijah puts our order in.

"One hot chocolate, extra marshmallows and extra cream." I slide along the seat as Elijah returns, placing a mug of sugary goodness in front of me.