Chapter 20

--------------
"Distance means nothing when someone means everything"
--------------

ELENA POV

"You're here?" I mumble, leaning into his touch as he cups my face. I've dreamed too many times of waking to soft kisses and Elijah in my bed. I need to make sure this is real.

He kisses me softly on the forehead

He kisses me softly on the forehead. "I'm here."

"How did you... When did you... What?" My mind is spinning at a hundred miles an hour as I try to comprehend why Elijah is sitting on the edge of my bed instead of being back at his parents' house.

He chuckles. "Do you need a minute to wake up?"

He begins to pull back, so I throw my arms around his neck, holding him in place. "NO!" I murmur. "I'm awake. Just give me a sec."

He wraps his arms around me, holding me close

He wraps his arms around me, holding me close. "I missed you."

"Could taste your sweet kisses
Your arms open wide
This fever for you is just burning me up inside"

I smile against his shoulder. "I missed you, too." I lean back. "I just can't believe you're here."

He strokes my hair, trailing his hands down my back. "The flight was a Christmas present from my parents. They knew we were upset when I couldn't be here for Christmas, so they asked how I felt about flying down for New Year's." He smiles. "I called and checked with your mom, and then we booked the flights when she gave us the all-clear."

"I drove all night to get to you
Is that alright
I drove all night
Crept in your room
Woke you from your sleep
To make love to you
Is that alright
I drove all night"

"My mom was in on this?" I ask, shocked.

He chuckles again. "Everyone was." He bends down so our gazes meet. "Are you fully awake now?"