Chapter-23

He stared at the decent looking building where she worked at with detest. He followed her in when she walked out of the car. When asked why he was following her he said he wanted to know just where his dearest wife spends her day at. She did not want to have him go in as she knew he would be commenting on just how this place was as it will never come anywhere in comparison with his workplace. She warned him not to get his hopes up when if he was still going to follow her in and he nodded but as soon as they stepped in what she expected happened.
Juan waved at her from a distance and she was pulled by his side. Juan ran his eye on Ricardo from his head to his toe which was under a very expensive leather shoe which will for sure cost more than his poor body. He offered his hand for a shake and Ricardo took it like civil man then he turned and pulled Iris in his arms only to be pulled apart with by a string force called Ricardo.
“I’d suggest you keep your hands off my wife.”
“I was just greeting her.” Juan defended his innocent action which offended this big man. Juan then reached to pull her hand to kiss the back of it and Ricardo groaned in annoyance. Everything that was normal for her on any other day were turning to turn more and more awkward with every passing second with a possessive husband and a stubborn boss, who was like a guardian to her.
“Don’t make me repeat my words or you’d regret doing so?”
“Mr- Wilde you’re god gifted body is not good enough excuse for you meddling in my work or at my work-place.” Juan’s reply took both the man and wife by surprise. Did he really mean what he just said? For a moment Iris thought Ricardo was also caught off guard had he not retorted back to Juan.
“You can admire all you want but you aint getting it.”
"I got something better than you which you can never have.”
“Whatever that might be I am not interested.”
“Oh! It is not any ‘that’ but that beautiful wife of yours.”
Ricardo had his hand fisted, there would be bloody a bloody day had she not pushed Juan away into his cubicle before any more words were shared between these two dumb adults. She turned around to face Ricardo who was red in rage.
“Tell me you got nothing to do with him.” he looked terrified and that was too odd.
“There is nothing here other than professional ones.”
“You better be telling me the truth and nothing else if you want his head intact to his stupid body.”
“Ricardo you cannot speak that way regarding my colleagues and especially when he is my boss and has been nothing else but caring towards me.” She yelled but noticing the crowd gathering around them she lowered her voice not wanting to continue this show for the viewer’s amusement. She took hold of his wrist and walked towards the entrance/exit. He pulled her hand away from his wrist and interlocked it her fingers making the receptionist clear her throat in excitement as if they were in a movie and the receptionist a teenager viewer getting all too excited by a cliché scene.
“I should have never tagged along with you.” She was pushed against the car in the exit that waited for him. Where did the driver popped out from? They drove here alone.
“You are not to deny me anything. You are mine an I will prove it to that Dumbo you call your boss if he is not fired in a hour.” he threatened her and she stared at him with a deadly glare.
“You can expect a divorce lawsuit the minute Juan gets fired for your ego.” she treated him his own medicine. He loosened his fist and pushing the strand of hair behind her ears he kissed her cheeks.
“Nothing will happen you know it so do I. you protecting him provokes me to no bound and you just don’t get how every step you take for his betterment it only infuriates me and make me want to ruin him till all his existence becomes nothing but a forgotten history.” She knew very well just how her wanting to protect any one only made him ruin them all. There was no way she to control his devious mind but she will never let any other be ruined for her sake.
She put her hand on his looking into his eyes hopefully.
“Can we not be just us without any other mattering to us?” that made him soften his stoic expression.
Iris always asked for things that were the simplest to hear but the hardest to put into action but that was just one more reason why he liked her. She was never a materialistic person and was always contended with the simplest things. He leaned in and kissed her forehead not promising her like he would have if it was anything else but this time he just couldn’t do that as he would be breaking it and he never wanted to fill her head with false hope which only ended in destruction. He pulled away from her but she did not get what she wanted to hear.