Chapter-34

Ricardo threw the pen he had on his hand to the wall. the grabbed the sides of his desk after slamming his fist on the desk. his breathing was irregular as he was not only breathing out H2o but also anger. Iris was out in the kitchen with Mrs-Sarah preparing for the guests who would be here any minute and he did not want to meet either Lambert or Selena.
the fact that lambert was keeping things away from him was enough to make him smash that pretty gead of his and not a breath of objection will be heard. Lambert must have been thinking that it was for the best that he was keeping the actual results of Selena’s away from him but it was only putting her in a far worse possible position.
he stepped out of the study, his fist clenched, jaw hard by suppressing of his anger and there was the light of his life, ever so beautiful ever so warm. he watched her from the door as she was multitasking in the kitchen by talking her heart out, cooking and making notes on her pad too. she turned to look check the oven and that made him wonder how it will be like to have his buns in her oven. a smile crept his lips and she was the reason yet again.
he walked in and hugged her from behind, she craned her neck and kissed him on the lips. Sarah cleared her throat in a teasing manner and Iris blushed red but it did not affect Ricardo a single bit. the rest of the world never mattered to him.
“You need to get dressed, they’ll be here any minute.”
She suggested and pushed him off her with thrusting her butt backwards and she felt it. There was no way she will not be walking the walk of shame if she did as he suggested as he only had 1 thing on his mind 24/7.
“You head in I still have to get something done here.”
“You can handle the rest from here, won’t you?” he asked Sarah and she nodded with a smile on her face.
“Iris you can rest assures I am more than capable enough to prep up the table. I've been doing it since before you were born.”
“I cannot burden you anymore. You must’ve been tired after yesterday.”
“Love! She’s being pai… (Smack) she smacked his mouth in a jiffy before he could complete his words. He stood there shocked and Sarah in discomfort.
“Thank you Sarah.”
She pretended like she was dragging him out of the kitchen when it was literally impossible for her to do so but was thankful he followed suit.
“You should stop doing that.” she said going into the closet to grab her dress and he followed her in.
“Did I just get smacked for the mai…? Mrs-Sarah?”
“I shouldn’t have but I am not sorry. You deserved it.”
“That was offending.”
“You would have done more than offending with that running mouth of yours.”
Her voice raised up a note when he followed her to every corner with that timid voice which would was impossible for any to think he was capable of but here he was whipped and getting whipped with that little wife of his.
“You could have not used your hand.” he suggested and she looked in him in disbelieve.
“Are you for real? I should have used that spatula I had in my other hand.”
“I meant you could have shut me up with that juicy lips of yours and I will be begging you for more.”
“You need to invest in filters for both your mouth and brain.”
With that said she walked out of the closet and into the bathroom. She made sure to lock it behind her. He was changed too when she came out. She had a turtle neck on which had a full sleeve and was a midi as she did not want to put his love marks on display for dinner or it’ll get all awkward and was not proper for any gathering.
He brought the red stiletto from the dressing and put it by her feet.
“I’ll be overdressed.”
“You are beautiful just the way you are.”
“It’s stuffy.”
“Then you should change at once.”
Concern lacing is voice. Did he even know it was his doing she was suffering? Who wears a turtle neck and with full length sleeves in summer?
“Don’t you ever put me in this situation again?”
She warned him and he was clueless.
“You need to stop leaving mark on my body if you want to be and look sane to the world.” then it hit him that she was referring to the love marks he thoroughly enjoyed leaving on her. He was mentally presenting himself with his marks on her beautiful body.
“My marks should be your uniform.”
She took her heels in her hand and walked out of the room after saying.
“You are entertaining your study tonight.”
He just f***** up again. Lately it was becoming nearly impossible to crawl back into their bed if he pissed her off but here he was doing just that every time. Talk about being whipped. He was whipped for life.
Lambert and Selena arrived 15 minutes later and after the table was set Sarah excused herself and Iris tried to make her stay till dinner was done and that she should join them but she left saying she had some preplans which cannot be delayed.
Lambert was receiving the cold glare from his so call host/best friend. The cold daggers he was throwing towards him didn’t go unnoticed by the females sharing their table.
“Selena. Can you help me grab the desserts?”
Selena eagerly agreed and followed her behind giving the men the most deserving time alone. They were like husband and wife who were on the no speaking term but have to keep up the show for the sake of their guests.
“Did you feel that too?” Iris asked Selena and she nodded.”
“Looks like Lambert is going to get that pretty ass of his kicked and f*** he deserves it.”
“Do you know why?”
“I don’t but I am always up him getting ass F***ed.”
Iris noticed how Selena tried to act like there was nothing going on with Lambert but the way she would look at him adoration was enough for any sane man to know just what was going on.
“Lambert does not deserve it.”
Iris tried and Selena took the bait.
“Do you even know just what you are saying? He is the biggest asshole in this whole forsaken universe.”
“You don’t like him?”
“There is nothing admirable in that man whore and my condolences to the girl who’d end up with him.”
There was more than she was letting on but Iris never had a habit for meddling in others matter and she was not going to start it now.
They did all the nothing in the kitchen. They clicked along well as if they’ve known each other from decades ago. Maybe it was because of the bond they shared verbally.
“I really don’t know what I am supposed to say or do for you.” Selena said out of the blue.
“I need you to do nothing more than I’ve already made you know of.”
Selena hugged her tight and her chest trembled in sob. Iris put her hands on her back and patted it. Thanks to the heels Ricardo gave her she felt like a tower as a child hugged her. Selena was a petite girl and she was not wearing any heels to make her sorry ass feel better. And given that she was younger than her by 2 years it made her feel a motherly feeling when it came to her. Her cries broke her heart.
“Everything will be fine. I got you.” her last sentence made her cries get louder and harder which attracted both the men’s attention and they sprinted to where they were. Worry lacing their faces.
“You are okay?” Ricardo asked in a small voice and came over to where they were.
“I’m sorry. I just need to use the washroom.” Selena excused herself and Lambert followed behind her.
Ricardo puller her in a tight hug, kissing her head.
“I’m fine.”
“Just be still for a moment.”
“You need to let go of me my feet are killing Me.” she complained after what seemed like forever.
He carried her to the dining where Lambert held Selena to his chest, her cries had stopped. Ricardo returned with a pair of slippers in and replaced her heels with them. Iris looked at him in amazement. Why was he treating her this way? She was not fragile and was more than capable enough to take care of herself but he still treated her like a child who could do nothing without the help of someone who’s older than her.
They had their desserts that was served by the men as she stayed put with Selena. She looked better now and the way her eyes gleamed with joy when she saw the dessert being placed at the table made her felt she was seeing her own younger self.
Had there been no revealing of the accident, things would have been better for everyone. That fateful evening just took everyone at their worst and straining the relations that did not even have a label to.
They chatted as they gazed at the lited city from the skyscraper apartment and the stars gazed at them from above. Everything seems perfect as if it was the ultimate calm before the storm.
It was past 11p.m when they took their leave. Selena hugged Ricardo and kissed his cheek as he did hers and then she turned to hug Iris.
“Thank you for saying those words. It has been forever since I last heard them and my ears were already forgetting the feel of those words.”
“How was Selena as a child?” Iris asked after they were left alone, she sat herself on the floor beside Ricardo who lay on the couch in their room. this was the closest he could be to her as her words in the house was law and he was not going to be one to put up a fight which will lead to her leaving here and going back to her own apartment and have him locked out.
He pulled her up to stand and pulled her in on his chest.
“She was a lively and troublemaker but she tried to make sure not to cause any problem for me or anyone else.”
“Were you with her?”
“With her how?”
“I mean when she needed you or a shoulder to lean on.”
“I was for a brief moment but then she starting making use of her own wings and began to take off on  her own and I saw no reasons to restrain her. But I always tried to make sure she was okay so did mom.”
She laid her head on his chest as he drew a pattern on her back.
“Was Lambert always this unaffected by her?”
“What do you mean?” he asked and she looked up at him. His fingers stilled and made no sign of moving.