Chapter-47

“Are you alright? (Iris nodded) Dave you better have a worthy reason for what just happened?”
Iris shook her head to clear her head and Ricardo was yelling at the poor driver who looked at the couple to make sure they were okay.
“Sorry Sir, Ma’am there’s a beggar-robber who just jumped out of nowhere. (Ricardo’s glare was enough for him to shut his mouth and put his brain and body into motion) I’ll look to it and be right back.”
Dave stepped out the car and advanced towards the dirty looking fellow. Who had a knife pointed towards Dave as he advanced him? Iris saw through the window just what was taking place and she gasped the moment Dave unarmed the shivering fellow and tucked him down on the ground.
“You stay in here I’ll right back.”
Ricardo said straightening the blazer on her and stepped out of the car that was when she noticed the gun he had with him. It was tucked in his pants and the way the headlight of their car was directed at them she could see better and the robber was quiet young, eyes brimmed with tear but the fire in him was clearly visible too. She sat still knowing Ricardo will handle the boy well but the moment she saw him reach behind for his gun she was out of the in an instant. With her hand on his she put back the gun back to where it was, there was need to get violent and she was not just going to seat there and watches her husband/child’s father commit such a crime.
“What are you doing out here? I believe I told you well not to step out of the car.”
“Okay I’m sorry but I couldn’t do just that.”
Ricardo was raged at how she never took herself under consideration and he knew well what lured her out but that was no valid option to risk her safety.
“Get back in there and everything will be fine.”
“I can make this quicker, trust me.” She said kissing his lips.
Iris asked Dave to get the boy on his feet and hesitatingly he did but made sure to keep the boys arms locked and twisted behind him.
“Who are you and what do you want?”
Ricardo yelled at the boy and he did shiver at his tone.
“Mo… Moses”
“Moses? So what were you trying to do and who sent you here?”
“I was trying to rob you sir but I clearly failed.”
“This is why parents should not go around naming their children with biblical names.”
Moses met Ricardo’s eyes with anger and Iris slapped his arm.
“Ricardo you need to step back.”
“And you need to get back in the car.”
“Ricardo! More word and you’ll be tossing and turning in your bed tonight.”
She threatened him which made Dave press his lips together to suppress his laughter. Ricardo was in denial that  a mere stranger will be the reason for her to threatened him such torture and he knew better not to test her words as when it came to threats she was never one to back out of it.
“2 minutes.”
Was all he said as he turned away? He was whipped and there was no going back and he hated it when she would play just the right way to get just what she wants. Life with her was becoming more and more interesting.
Iris pulled off the blazer from her shoulder and placed it around the boy’s shoulder. He looked at her in surprised and words failed him but she said nothing to judge him, there was only this warm smile on her face and no sign of anger or pity.
Dave let go of his arms when Iris asked her to the she reached down and picked the Swiss knife from the ground, handing it to him.
“Take time to decide your next move and not in a haste.”
“I’m sorry Ma’am.” The boy broke down and Iris being Iris wrapped the dirty boy in her arms. Ricardo was quick to pull them apart but the boy won’t stop crying, there were no cries to be heard but the flowing of his tears was rapid. He had his head bowed down in shame. Iris patted his shoulder.
“My husband can provide a job for you if that’s what you’d want or we can let you go with all that we have at the moment.”
Ricardo’s hand on her waist tightened the moment she suggested the 1st option but it eased right the second moment. How can she just be the way she was? He saw Dave make arrangements for the lift but the boy was smart and knew what will be the best for him.
“Can your husband really look after me?”
“He can but you will have to earn it.”
There goes Iris, his love his wife. The passionate and the wise one, the fact that the dirt on the boy did not matter to her was a huge turn-on. She was never one to judge a soul for his past, bank balance or the way they physically carried themselves.
“I swear with my life to be ever loyal to you till my last breath.”
“Okay. You better be that boy and you should name every breath of yours to my wife.”
He nodded a yes eagerly and willing. Iris shook her head in disbelieve, was Ricardo in his sane mind? The reason why she did what she did was for the sake of the boy future and that he’d not go walking on the wrong path till he meets his doom. She had no ulterior motive behind anything, now Ricardo better be prepared with his own reasons for what just happened or he was occupying the guest rooms tonight.
Ricardo asked Dave to take the boy with him and have him alongside him to be groomed first then he will decide what will be the best for him.
Iris had bath and was out the bathroom when he returned. She changed into her calf length grey nightie and slipped under the sheets making her comfortable. He knew there was a lot explaining he was going to do tonight so better shower 1st then to strive for his goal which was to have her in his arms.
He slipped behind her and pulled her close to him. She was warm and he was hot for her. His manhood was as usual aroused and tortured. She turned and faced him.
“Why did you take him in without a fight?”
“Were you going to fight me for that boy?”
“No… Why would I? You know me well.” She lied through her teeth and he laughed at her.
“I hate it when you threaten me but I also love just how you can never turn a blind eye to anyone in need. You are the most perfect soul I have ever encountered a you are mine.”
“I just know just afraid you are to sleep away without me. This won’t fore…
He pressed his finger on hers, this was the only topic he never wished to entertain or discuss about.
“I approved of him the moment I saw the way he never looked at you the way I detest the most.”
“What do you mean?”
“He did not give you unwanted glance and he chose not to take advantage of you being with child even when he was at his worst, did it.”
“I wish I was I was half as good observant as you are.”
“You are far better than me Love. You see what we most human fail to see.”
“So what will he do?”
“I have a team running a background check on him. Will decide after the results are out.”
“Do not place a gun in his hand.” she warned him, worried that is just what might happen.
“I won’t and the answer for the question which you are dying to ask is that, the gun which I possess is a legal one and I got them registered also it is only for protection.”
She put herself on him but with the growing of her belly it was getting uncomfortable. She straddled him. With every passing day there was a new discomfort she was witnessing and she never told him about it as he will make a whole new drama and make her lose her mind too but he noticed how her cravings and wants were becoming more demanding and took measures to make sure she will have a comfortable phase of pregnancy. The study table which once used to be occupied with his files and work related materials were all replaced with those edibles which she might require given any moment. The way he made sure she never lacked was over whelming to her and made her want to wrap him in a cocoon and she could kiss and love him all day long.
“You were positively hopeful weren’t you?”
“What do you mean?”
“You did not wear your boxers to bed tonight. It’s been 2 months.”
He sat up and put his arms around her back. He was hard it hurt and she was not helping with the tease.
“A deprived man has every right to be hopeful, doesn’t he?”
“He dug his own grave by trying to play the Doctor himself. Had he been more attentive and less worried he couldn’t have had the need to starve this long,” She teased how he had took the doctor’s half advice too seriously and ended himself in whichever situation he was in.
“I slap myself every passing minute for what happened but I do not regret it.”
“I love you. I love you Ricardo.”
“I love you too Love and I will make sure we make up for all those lost moments of ours.”
His words were filled with promise which she eagerly looked forward to.