Chapter 16 ~ Running Away

Allen POV

"You did WHAT!" Chase screamed at me. "You made a deal with one of the world's most wanted armed dealers. Allen you could go to jail for the rest of your life for this. I might not be able to get you out of this."

"We have no choice Chase. I can't depend on Marshall to come through on this. If this was Sasha again, you would pull out all the stops to save her. Tasha is important to me and I told her I would come and get her."

"Allen, god you have put us in a predicament."

"We don't know how many men Santos has. Who knows he could have the US government protecting him. He's a snake in the grass. He pulled this whole thing off because you killed his son."

"And I would do it again," Chase said walking back and forth. He blew out a long breath.

"What did Adewala say?"

"He said he would sent a man to the park and that he would provide backup."

"You falling for her?" Chase asked turning around looking at me.

"I am," I said rubbing my hands through my hair. "She's been through so much Chase and deep down inside I have to do this. She is worth saving."

"These Worthington women are going to be the death of us."

"Chase I don't think we would have it any other way."

The plane finally touched down and still no word from Marshall. We were gearing up when an incoming call came through.

"It's Marshall," Tim said patching him in on the intercom.

"You have been ordered to come back to New Orleans. If Dr. Worthington is being held, which we still have no proof of, we will get her back."

I looked at Chase and narrowed my eyes. Something seemed really off.

"So what you are telling me is that you aren't sending any help?"

There was a pause. "No. Your orders are to come back now."

"You son of a bitch! Santos knows that we are coming doesn't he?!"

"I can't afford for you and your team to go storming in there. The US has too much on the line. There are nuclear weapons and missiles out there and Santos knows who has them and he might even know who has the access codes. So as you can see there is a lot at stake. If she's there I will make very effort to secure her safety. If you and your team are not back at headquarters by tomorrow evening you all will be charged with international crimes."

I threw the coffee mug off the desk and it went flying into the air and shattered. He had ratted us out and now we would definitely be on our own. I wasn't going back without Tasha.

"Remember what I told you Marshall, it starts now."

"Wait Allen, you could jeopardize this whole operation! If you go to the media you could put the whole US in danger. We just need a couple of more days and I swear if she is there I will send in the SEALS to get her."

"We don't have a few days. Do you know what you did Marshall? You have given her a death sentence. Now Santos knows we are on to him and either he is going to kill her or take her away. If she does, you will die by my hands."

"Allen think of what's at stake, you can't go out there."

"From the way I see it, I'm here and you are on the other side of the ocean. Make this more difficult and God as my witness if she is not there, you are going to pay."

"Allen...," the phone went dead.

"He was really starting to work my nerves," Tim said pressing the button that hung up the conference line.