Chapter 5 ~ The Date (Edited)

Tasha

I looked in the mirror at myself. I had bought a short teal and black silk tie dress with long sleeves. It fit my body right with the lace sleeves that covered my scars. I really hoped I wasn't over dressed. It had been a long time since I had dressed nicely. Scrubs and tennis shoes were my fashion statement.

I had curled my hair in big bouncy curls instead of a ponytail. I put on just a little makeup along with gloss. I wasn't a flashy person but I still wanted to look girly.

My phone started to ring. I grabbed it and answered.

"So when were you going to tell me you were going on a date with Allen?" My sister croaked in the phone.

"I didn't think it was important. It's just two friends having dinner."

"Uhm. I had to hear it from mom. I can't believe you left me out of this historic moment."

"I promise if anything exciting happens I will tell you."

"You better."

"I gotta go before I'm late."

"Okay, love you."

"Love you too." I hung up and took one more look. I grabbed my purse and keys and locked up.

The drive wasn't too bad. He lived in Metairie so I opened up the sunroof and let the night air in. The drive had given me time to think. So many thoughts raced through my head that I started giving myself a headache.

Breath Tasha. No pressure have fun. I repeated over and over again. I finally made it to the gated community. A guard stepped out and I let my window down.

"How may I help you?" The tall skinny guard asked.

"Yes, I'm here to visit Allen Roberts."

He looked down on his list. "Your name ma'am?"

"Tasha Worthington."

"Yes you are right here. Take this Main Street until you get to the stop sign. Make a left and the house is the second one on the left. Enjoy your evening," he said lifting the gate.

I smiled and rolled up my window. I followed the directions and was amazed by the huge homes. I pulled into the circular driveway and watched as the light flicker on from the front door.

I got out and walked towards the front door and was greeted by Allen's smile.

"Did you have any trouble finding the place?"

"No, your guard gave me great directions."

"Good, come on in." He opened up the door wider and invited me in. The place was even larger than I thought. The grand fireplace was lit as the reflection of the fire danced off the walls.

"Nice place," I said taking off my coat.

"Wow you look amazing," he said smiling.

"Thank you. You look nice yourself." He did with his button down polo shirt and black dress pants. He looked absolutely adorable.

"Thanks. Let me take your coat." I passed him my coat and he hung it in the closet. "Dinner is almost ready. You can follow me or have a seat. Would you like something to drink?"

"Just some water," I said.

"Be right back." He walked towards the kitchen and less than a minute later he brought out a bottle water.

"Here you go," he said opening the lid for me.

"It smells really good. What are you cooking?"

"Chicken Marsala, with asparagus and new potatoes. For dessert a chocolate cupcake." I turned around and smile.