Chapter Six

Crystal in the multimedia.

The next morning, I was up bright and early. I had to open up the diner today. Mr Winston spoke highly of me as the days passed, he even talked about giving me a raise. I know I told myself that the worst part about having a 9 to 5 was getting use to it, but now I'm kind of glad that I did get use to it.

I unlocked the door to Shakes and stepped in, turning on the lights. I went into the back to put my items into my locker and then proceeded back into the front.

Tommy, Kendall, and Mr. Winston came through the door, just as I stood at my post behind the register.

"Good morning, Diamonn."  Kendall said, yawning. He always looked sleepy to me. I giggled.

"What's funny?" Kendall asked, his voice was deep as hell.

"You look like you could use some sleep. " I responded, taking the cash register out, starting on counting the money .

"I agree with you on that Diamonn, but he won't be sleeping on my clock. He's one of the best cooks I know." Mr. Winston said, before disappearing into his office. Kendall chuckled and went into the back.

Tommy sat at a table, scrolling on his phone.

I decided to be friendly this morning. "Good morning, tommy. " 

His eyes lit up, "Hey Diamonn, I thought you'd never talk to me. Wassup? "

I giggled and gave him an weird look, he was..... WEIRD.

"I know, I over did it. But I just never thought you'd talk to me. You act so stuck up."

I frowned, "Excuse me, but if a person don't speak to me first then i'm not breaking my neck to speak to they ass. You better be lucky you got as much as a damn good morning from me you fucking bum ass nigga. "

He gave me a shocked look , before scurrying off to the back . I heard him talking to Kendall, but i didn't give a shit. He had officially pissed me off.

"Niggas be quick to judge a bitch. His bobo the clown looking ass." I mumbled, putting the drawer back into the register.

"Who pissed in your cornflakes this morning girl?" Crystal asked, I looked up and saw her coming around the counter. She had her hair in some Burgundy curls and light purple lipstick.

I rolled my eyes, "Tommy. "

She shook her head , "Don't let his ugly ass rain on your day. He must've called you stuck up? He's done that to me a couple of times. "

She went into the back, I'm guessing to her locker. She needed to hurry up though, customers started rolling in. Not one by one, but in pairs and groups and shit.

I sighed, put on a smile and began taking orders. Crystal eyes bulged as she came back out. "Busy house today. " She mumbled.

Later on in the day, Crystal and I took a break while business had slowed up. She stood against the restaurant, smoking a cigarette while I was texting Jamaica.

Crystal sighed, throwing her cigarette butt on the ground. "What's wrong? " I asked her, not looking up from my phone.

It took her a minute, "I'm just fed up with my babydaddy! "

I slid my phone into my apron and gave her my undevided attention, "What he do?"

She rolled her eyes and sucked her teeth, "What don't he do?  Like, he has his bitch coming to my house to get our son, talking bout he be busy. If you're busy, why would you send your broad to get him when you clearly won't have time for him? "