Chapter 43

Diamonn

6 months later

I was now co owner of Alana's all new hair salon in BridgeTown, Barbados. She taught me the ins and outs of running a hair styling business. I could do the basics like; cut hair, arch eyebrows, wash and color hair. That was all me. I got paid well for my job.

Alana locked the doors to our shop, stepping back to check the mailbox. I followed behind Alana as she read through the mail.

"We got bills to pay by Wednesday, sis." Alana stated, as we stood in front of our cars. "A'ight, it's already covered. We'll take care of them in the morning." I replied, causing her to nod...

I clutched my stomach, bending slightly to empty the contents that abruptly shout out from my throat. "Ewwww, gross sis. What's wrong?" Alana stated, shaking her hands in an ill manner. I wiped my mouth, standing up straight...

"It could've been something I ate." I didn't know what the fuck was going on. I've been throwing up on and off for awhile now.

"When's the last time you slept with Jayce?" Alana questioned, staring at my stomach.

"Bitch, I don't know. A minute ago." I replied, I wasn't pregnant by him again. I was sure of it.

"When was your last period ?" She threw another question at me.

"What is this? 21 questions?"

"Answer the question, bitch." Alana replied.

"I'm not really sure, Lana." I answered honestly. I had been going so much, I hadn't really realized I wasn't getting my period. The signs were there, I just hope it wasn't the case.

"Call me in the morning, we have a lot to talk about. Grab a pregnancy test, I'm going home and take my ass to sleep." Alana said, giving me a hug. "And make sure you take special care of Jamaica's hair. The treatment I gave her should have it back right in no time. I still can't believe she lived through all of that."

"Right." I replied, watching her head over to her car. I made a mental note to pick up a pregnancy test while I was shopping.

I made a quick grocery stop, to pick up a few things. We needed milk for sure, because I was tired of eating my cereal dry. I hadn't had time to shop, so I browsed the aisle's, careful not to miss a thing .

I picked up foods i knew Jamaica would love and then some for myself, including a pregnancy test. I hoped for an negative result, yes of course babies are a blessing, but I'm not with the man that helped created him or her. I didn't want a dysfunctional family for my child , ever.

A shopping cart full of food and drinks later, I was on my way home. I called Jamaica, letting her know I was outside. Soon, the door opened and she came running out.

"Careful, lady. You just got out of an wheelchair, please take it easy." I instructed, handing her some bags. She pouted, "But, I was excited to see you. You've been gone all day."

"I know baby, I've been at the shop all day and then went to pick us up some food. I've been feeling like a slave in here." I replied, earning a giggle from her. I quickly put the pregnancy test in my purse.

"You see why I missed you? It's pretty much boring with out you..." Jamaica said, bringing the last bag inside.

"I be missing you too . Find something to do during the day to pass time away."

Jamaica helped me put the food away, neatly. "I've been thinking about finding a job."

"I'm pretty sure Alana can find you something to do around the shop."