Chapter Twenty One

It was a little after midnight and I couldn't get Jamaica to stop calling my phone. It was getting annoying and I didn't want to wake Jayce up so I slid out of bed careful not to wake him up.

I put on some clothes and called Jamaica as I closed the door quietly.

"Hello?"  She answered, with happiness in her voice but it was evident that she had been crying.

I bit my lip, I didn't like when she cried. Yeah I had broke up with her in one of the worst ways, but that didn't mean I didn't still love her.

"Jammy, what do you need?"  She sniffled, "Diamonn, I have nowhere to go. I need you."

I sighed, switching my phone to my right ear and steered the wheel with my left hand. "I'm on my way. "

I knocked on Jamaica's door, and then stood back waiting for her to answer. The door swung open seconds later, and she stood off to the side with just her pajamas on letting me in. She closed the door behind me and I went to sitt on her couch.

I looked around and saw that everything was packed up. "So, what did you mean by you have nowhere to go?  You have a family to go to Jamaica. "

She shook her head, "Diamonn, no. I don't have a family to go to. You see, on my trip there they were attacking me and making accusations about you. I stood up for you and now they don't want anything to do with me."

I put my head down, feeling bad. "You're living the good life and left me to fiend for myself. It hurts so bad. But you don't care do you? You could've at least kept paying on the bills."

"Jamaica, get a job. Gahdamn, I have other things to tend to right now. Do you know how much i'm risking even being here right now? That should show you that I still care , I just can't be with you."

Jamaica sobbed, "I can't get a job. Nobody wants to hire my uneducated ass. Looks may get you a job or whatever, but not me!"

I shook my head, "It's not about looks Jamaica and even if it was you'd have a job. You're beautiful."  She rolled her eyes. "Jamaica, I'm going to try to get you a job at the diner alright? But..... this will be my only time helping you. I don't need any problems or stress on me right now."

Jamaica eyes beamed with glee and she hopped up to hug me, smiling. I chuckled, moving her away. "Yeah, you're welcome. But , i have to go . "

"But, until then where will I go to stay?"  I sighed, feeling like she was pushing it. "Get a hotel room or something."

"Ion have no money. I'd have to sell my car and.... Robin."  I didn't want to seem rude , but that was sort of her problem. I shrugged, "You can always replace a dog and a car. If you need somewhere to stay , sell them . "

Jamaica poked her lip out, "But- but i love Robin. She keeps me sane."  I shrugged, getting up. "I have to go Jamaica, you're a smart girl. You'll figure something out. " 

Tears welled up in Jamaica's eyes, it made me regret coming .  One of my weaknesses has always been seeing people cry. I pulled her in for a hug and kissed her forehead.

She sat back down, pulling Robin into her lap. She held her head down as I left out the door. Once the cool night air hit me, I breathed out the breath that seemed to have been suffocating inside of me.

I got inside my car and headed back home. I was drowned into my thoughts , knowing Jayce would be mad as hell if he knew I went to see Jamaica and let alone , I was helping her. I vowed to myself to keep that to myself .