chapter 20

Andrea Daniels.

"Andrea, Clarice?"

We both turned around in shock.

"Omg, Curtis?" I squealed. "What are you doing here?" 

He pulled us both into a hug and smiled.

"Wususp boy you try to forget about us?" Clarice joked.

He chuckled.

"Nah man, just came back to visit yaknow, ya boy been out there doing his thing" 

Soon as we finished school Curtis decided to move state and focus more and on his basketball and from Instagram and snap chat he's been doing his thing.

"And it looks like you been doing yours, Izayah finally realised what he had in front of him?" He joked rubbing my stomach.

"Something like that" Clarice joked again.

I waved them both off.

"So are yall busy?"

"Nah, we was just getting some little bits since it was getting boring at home" I said with a small shrug.

"Well shit, lets go bowling for old time sake"

"Nope, your a cheater"

I started laughing. I remember we all went to bowling every Friday and Curtis would always win, Clarice swears up and down he cheated. 

"Girl bye, your just rubbish at the game" He joked.

"Whatever" She said with a small pout.

"Bowling it is" I said excited.

***

"Where are you?" Izayah asked as I answered my phone.

"We just finished playing bowling, we got bored and th---"

"---I don't care about about no bowling Andrea, you 2 know it ain't safe for yall to just be out running around like some crazy people when there's niggas on the hunt for you" He spat.

I frowned and then rolled my eyes.

"I'm grown Izayah"

"Really Andrea?" 

I could hear the annoyance in his voice.

"I don't want nothing else happening to you, can yall just stay there I'm coming"

"I'm not a baby, Clarice drove we will make our own way ho--"

"--get off the phone" Someone said before snatching my phone out my hand.

"What the fuck" I yelled catching Clarice and Curtis's attention.

"Aye we got a problem?" Curtis asked walking over with Clar.

I felt as if I was going to shit myself. It was Khalil an some other guys along with...

"Not this hoe, you ain't learned after last time?" Clar asked Alicia.

"I dare you to touch me now while my brother is around"

"Brother? Khalil is your brother?"

"What's going on here man?" Curtis asked.

"Who the fuck is this? Yall body guard from lil old me? I ain't gonna hurt you baby" Khalil said trying to touch me.

"Aye move back fr----"

One of Khalil's people punched Curtis right in his stomach.

"Hey stop it" I screamed.

We was currently in the parking lot and no one seemed to be around. I felt scared and I didn't want no one else to get hurt.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"You know what I want baby...you" He said with a sinister smirk.

"Well you not gonna have her" 

I turned round seeing Cal, Zay and some of their gang walking up.

"Oh you called your lil boy friend, one that can't even take care of his responsibilites"

"Bro...I don't talk so come for me" Zay spat.

Before anything could happen there was faint police sirens.

Izayah Smith.

"Here's the keys" I said throwing them to Clarice.

Me and Cal helped Curtis up and ran back to the truck. 

"We was so close" I said once we got in. "Yall good?"

"Fine" Clarice mumbled but Andrea didn't say anything. 

"Thanks yall" Curtis mumbled hunching over.

"Man, thank you, if you wasn't there I couldn't even say what could have happened, when did you even get back?" Calvin said.

"Last night, I'm staying with Jeremy" 

"Nigga I didn't tell you to come visit to come get your lil ass whooped" Jeremy said as he drove round.

We all started laughing. I climbed to the back where Andrea and Clarice was sitting.

"Lemme holla at her Clar"

She just nodded then swapped seats with me. I flung my arm around her pulling her into me.

"Was you going to kill him...there and then where there's cameras and shit that could have put you to jail?" She asked.

I sighed.

"No, we was gonna get him and torture his ass before we kill him, he had the nerve to even step to yall and that fucking hoe why was shit there how do I know that ain't his ba--"

"---Its his sister"

"They are related? So for all I know----"

"--Their setting you up, I know" She said softly. "Sorry I didn't listen to you" 

I shook my head.

"Don't appologise baby, just please I wanna keep you safe"

"I know, I know"

Tbc....