Talking

Hermione was first to defence against the dark arts, just the same as usual. It was the subject that she valued most, due to recent events. She had to ensure both her own and the people she cared about's safety, and this is where she would be prepared.

Draco was with her as he usually would be, but Blaise and Ginny were pre-occupied trying to find Blaise's quills. It didn't bother them, though, as the two couples rarely got much time alone. The good news was that Draco no longer had to hide his devotion to Hermione, thanks to the ball, and he felt much more comfortable. He was leaned against the wall, eating an apple with his books on the floor beside him, where as Hermione was stood straight, clinging to her books looking for Proffesor Lupin.

"You should relax more," Draco said before taking another bite of his apple.

"You haven't seen the things they say just yet so I wouldn't speak too soon," she sighed with a smile.

"Worrying only means you suffer twice,"

"Allright Newt," Hermione rolled her eyes and  Draco smirked to himself. He thought she was stunning when anger over took her, "try and stay calm when they start," he looked in her eyes, "please?"

"I'll certainly try,"

Only minutes later students began to arrive, giving them dirty looks and whispering to eachother.

Hermione felt a large pressure fall from her shoulders when Ginny and Blaise joined them.

"Hey, sorry we're late guys we got a little caught up," Blaise smiled, looking fondly at Ginny.

"You don't say," Draco smirked.

"Are you allright, Hermione? You seem a little... tense," Ginny asked, concerned.

"I'm fine it's just... what with everything that happened yesterday I'm a little tired," she smiled, unconvincingly.

"As long as you're sure,"

"I'm okay Gin, really. Why are you here anyway?"

"Well, I have my study periods when you have potions, so I spoke to Snape about coming into your class for some extra help and he agreed that it would be okay,"

"Freaks!" Someone shouted from the crowd.

"If you've got a problem, at least have the courtesy to say it to our faces," Ginny snapped back, rolling her eyes.

"It's allright Weaslette, if they've got a problem then they can shove it up their arses," Draco retorted with an irritated look on his face, "what we do is non of their damn business,"

"Hey, calm down," Hermione said quietly, "they aren't worth it,"

"Can I speak to you a moment?"

"If you must," they walked to the side.

"I need to talk to you later,"

"Ron, please, not right now," Hermione said with a sigh.

"I really miss you,"

"Please Ron, I said not now, I'm really busy today,"

"But Hermione-"

"I said not now!" She raised her voice but not to the point of shouting, and everyone went quiet, "what are you all gawping at?"

With that they all returned to their conversations, "Ron I'll speak to you another day, I'm extremely busy tonight,"

"What? Entertaining Malfoy?"

"Actually, you'll do well to remember that we have a transfiguration exam tomorrow, and I have my class with Professor Lupin on top of that. I'm sorry but you messed our friendship up, not me. I'm not going to just change my priorities because you've come running back, again,"